Taxiway System Upgrades

Love the idea. But i wouldn’t want to trade the possibility to build nice tarmacs to having prefabricated pieces. If u go there the tarmac function will disappear and the game will become more like the other game (SA) that is not as good as this one.

Actually I already have a problem with the 3 pieces that is premade. Runway exit/entrences, The hold point is to close to the runway :sweat_smile::laughing:

That’s why I said though that it could be used hand in hand with the tarmac building system.

1 Like

sry missed that! :slight_smile:

I prefer to see 45 degree angled taxiways. Like you build crosswise taxiway tiles and they become 45 degreed continuous taxiway automatically.

About size of taxiway widty; I think it is better to leave it to player to make game more entertainment and creativity

Yes, I’d like also to have Blast Shoulders image

3 Likes

Its a nice idea which would be cool if was implemented to roads as well.

This is a good idea. I’d definitely prefer the drag-and-draw style (similar to cities skylines) than the pre-made pieces too.

Pre-made pieces could be the beginning of customization, and could potentially be a way to avoid drag and draw if we’re allowed to make our own “templates” to share on Steam to be used as wanted!

The drag and draw seems a bit more flexible though!

I will be sharing pictures tomorrow of sketches to explain the plus side of both drag and draw or droppable pieces.

I’m not the best with photoshop, but if you look at the red lines, you’ll see that if we go based on a 5 wide taxiway, everything is consistent here! The curves even seem to follow (for the most part) that same principle.

By creating a drag-and-draw system, you could effectively create a system by simply connecting drawn segment to segment. Curves could be made to connect to another chunk to create “overlapping” pieces that create intersections.

By creating droppable segments, we could simply (while still in the confines of the game) create unique patterns and taxiway systems. I did not get to draw/sketch out my system examples today, hope to tomorrow. If not, either way, I’d love to see some addition of this in some form to expand our systems.

3 Likes

Let’s revive this one also? I’d also like probably to see prefab curves like this :

With different variations wider curve, shorter curve, bigger one, sharper turn etc… Would be pretty neat feature.

Or just make a new draggable taxiway system.

I think you can archive that with 3 45 degrees turns and 1 diagonal runway exit. (of course if we have such a feature implemented) Diagonal everything! - #7 by EG0611

1 Like

+1

Yup agree, would love to see the diagonal option!

1 Like

Come to think of it, in addition to this, I would love to see that we can not only use it in conjunction with what’s already in the game, but I want to see if we could add an open taxiway area, without nodes that would allow aircraft to drive wherever they like, without Collision issues. What I mean, is allow multiple planes and the same apron area, but their hit boxes must be avoided from each other.

I’m bumping, but want to drive further into this suggestion. If this doesn’t get done, what about drag and drop corners for taxiways? You know, those inside corners?

1 Like

I’m bumping as well, this might not have to be that hard and it’ll bring life to every airport.

@Olof What do you think about this? :thinking:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.