Templates for rooms [implemented]

Update from Apoapsis Studios

This feature request has now been implemented!

While this feature is now completed, future improvements and functionality may still be added over time.

:trophy: :medal_military: :champagne: :flight_departure:

Feature request title: Templates

Should be self explanatory :slight_smile:

Description:

Sometimes, CEOs might not want to micromanage the interior design of commercial outlets and maybe other rooms as well. The game can come with some pre-planned commercial spaces that can be plopped down.

Just like in Rollercoaster Tycoon, where you not only can build your own roller coaster from scratch, you can also use prebuilt designs that come with the game.

Why it should be implemented:

This would help when building large airports, when doing so much micromanagement might not be the choice of some CEOs. It would also make the game more beginner- and casual-friendly as a CEO is given the option not to fuss about interior design or details.

2 Likes

If we look at below feature request. and especially looking at the remark about being able to save / upload the selected items, it should cover your needs?

1 Like

Similar, but I guess the vanilla game should already come with some. Like SimAirport’s plop-and-forget shops.

If you want customization, you can always have it…

Yes in addition to being able to clone your own room a set of pre-defined rooms could be made available for instant construction, i feel a community design contest coming on, ie build a bathroom within x by x squares and the winning template will go into the game.

Meh, just allow the user to save a setup as blueprint and allow Steam Workshop integration for that

I think we should do both? Provide presets, and also provide the functionality to make your own?

1 Like