Terminal Design

What sort of terminal are you guys planning on building first?

• Standard
  • Pier
  • Satellite
  • Simple
  • Linear
  • Concorses
0 voters
2 Likes

Concourses seems nice,but I don`t think it its possible in the game.

Simple, standard, and pier seem the only options at release. Otherwise I’d like to do ORD and MCO when we can.

actually, with LAX they do have pier but at the end, they have a satellite end peninsula

Pier for sure!

I think pier gives the best possible option for space optimization right now. IRL concourses are the best for this, but I personally don’t like them and they’re not possible in the game.

My favorite isn´t even in there did you ever saw the Terminal A from Berlin-tegel this is the best Terminal i ever have been in.

Berlin-Tegel? Please… One of the worst airports I’ve been to…

None of these, but it probably fits best with the standard option. I’ll emulate Aberdeen Airport first, which has quite an unusual layout. Should be a good way of testing the game out.

I looked that up after his post, generally considered one of the worst or the worst airport in any capital city on the planet.

It’s not possible now but maybe later on in the game it might be there.

I thought about an upside-down “T”

A single pier. Same here

Piers for now.

This is always a trade off between travel time for the aircraft and travel time for the passengers.
I believe satellites with underground people movers are the go to compromise IRL

Concourses would be pretty cool if later on we are able to connect multiple terminal buildings with a monorail. Multiple terminal buildings can make an interesting transportation system when entering an airport. For example; have a expressway/highway entrance for terminal 1, terminal 2, and terminal 3 (assuming there are 3 terminal buildings). Each having their own parking layout and arrival and departure pickup/dropoff. Lets not forget busses coming in as well as taxis and limos.

I would probably do a pier system or a satellite system.

I hope it is. I LOVE Chicago’s design so when they add concourse monorails if they ever do I will be glad!

The only way to do it right now is to build a stretch going inbetween them

When playing the game I always start with satellites that I connect with secure pedestrian paths, after a while I incorporate the satellite into the terminal, and then I mostly have piers that are connected. Currently working on my first standard terminal.

1 Like