The Airline Design Contest Finally Vote

I dont understand why those didnt make it… Starlines had 22 likes and great feedback. Some of those selected dont even fit the game (in my opinion) have less likes, and not as good feedback.

5a22bc0f2cb2626b4764a68ee9d74fdc8a63f617_1_500x500

bc70f46abe232bb1d16f36a633d144319375ca26_1_500x500
2b0b0b57c37a102c191c6e7f9d78e77f7bc2043e_1_500x500

8 Likes

I wish Concord was in the game so much! Love the simplicity. Oh well…

5 Likes

I think that you have to keep in mind that there is a new artist, and the new content packs will be coming out soon. I have a feeling that the decisions might make more sense when we see the games artwork really come together.

I too like all those designs, and really want to add them when modding is available. There were 112 entries, and they all were great and worthy contenders. I’m sure that the Devs had a very difficult job of narrowing it down. :pensive:

Regarding the finally selection, as mentioned, we looked at a combination of user engagement and overall fit with game (which means artistic skill to some extent and design diversity). We won’t go into commenting why certain designs did not make it to the final selection but I of course understand that not everyone will be happy when we narrow down over 100 designs to 25. All I can say is good effort and that everyone will have the opportunity to implement their own airlines when airline modding is implemented! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I understand that its a hard to choose 25 from 100, but those that I think arent good for the game (mostly unrealistic) are in the last places which shows that they just wont fit, on the other hand those that I like and would fit the game are leading. It would have been better if some of those above are choosen instead. It cant be changed now since the voting has begun. With some luck they might be choosen later.

I gotta say I agree with @Matex these 3 designs definitely had a chance and they had the style of realistic airlines which don’t paint aircraft entirely. But instead of it, some extremely absurd designs are choosen. I am really sorry but 1 looks like a snake and other one looks like a male sexual organ with balls.

5 Likes

This is the logic behind it: It suppose to be a fun contest! :smiley:

Yes of course it is also seriousness to it as the top 10 will be implemented into the game, but would it really be fun if you had 25 designs with just different colored engines and rear fuselage to choose from? This is by far the most common design style over all 112 submission and even though it is of course a very nice and realistic design, we want some diversity and fun to it as well. We are of course aiming for overall realism but not Airport Simulator 2017 style. Now, I suggest we focus on the discussing the designs that made it into the finally and not get all hung up on some designs that were indeed very close and seriously considered, but unfortunately fell just short.

8 Likes

I don’t get it either, but I’m not complaining!

1 Like

Well, in my opinion there are a few designs missing, too. But lets not forget, this is just my opinion and it is still Olofs und Fredriks game. so they decide, and their opinion of style and wich design fits best counts.

I can perfectly live with that.

Edit: And now i will vote, wich is still very hard, because there are so many good designs.

and dont forget: every design that is not picked or didn`t make it in the game can be implemented via a mod.

2 Likes

It’s a shame Starlines didn’t make the cut, for some reason, I really like that one but there are still some great ones to choose from. I’m not so keen on one or two that looks like they are going to make it, but I won’t mention which. :frowning:

Hopefully, a steam workshop implementation in the future will open up the doors for the others :wink:

5 Likes

Worst case scenario, just don’t sign the contract for the airlines you’re not keen on… Perks of being a CEO :joy: I’m sure it won’t be long before we can start filling a steam workshop. :grin: I just want a bigger airfield first… So I can build 1 terminal for each airline.

6 Likes

You can edit the save to open the extra land. Be prepared for lower FPS if you do.

1 Like

Atlantica is great! Shocked it missed the cut

1 Like

I actually like zoom! airlines, mostly because it reminds me of kugerskat in a nutshell.

edit: I think I spelled that right?

4 Likes

You mean ‘Kurzgesagt’, the Youtube-Channel?

2 Likes

yes, Kurzgesagt, reminds me of the art style.

1 Like

I did not go to the finals in the first contest and now I’m in the finals (in the bottom but still :grinning:). Can we have a third competion and I might be a winner :wink:. Seriously, I’m honored to be given not only one but two places in the finals with such big and good competition. May the best livery win :airplane:

3 Likes

I really like your Treeswift design, very good. Voted for you!

1 Like

I designed zoom! like I thought paint would look if it was poured on an airplane as it flew through the air, hence the kind of streaks of colour.

3 Likes

Thanks all for supporting my submission!

All the best to all contestants! Good Luck!! :+1: