The Airport CEO Airline Design Contest

Royal Dutch Airlines was founded in 1967 in Rotterdam. (50th anniversary in 2017) The founders where a Dutch billionaire and his two sons (both pilots). At the beginning the RDA fleet consists of 2 boeings 727-100.
RDA grew rapidly and became a formidable rival of KLM. Most of the flights are medium-haul with destinations in Europe and long-haul flights to destinations in Asia, America and Australia.

Nowadays, RDA is known for his luxury and is one of the biggest airlines of Europe with a fleet containing more than 150 airplanes:
Airbus A330-200 16
Airbus A330-300 9
Boeing 737-700 25
Boeing 737-800 27
Boeing 737-900 7
Boeing 747-400 6
Boeing 747-400M 10
Boeing 777-200ER 19
Boeing 777-300ER 33

The traditional Dutch lion is processed in the logo.

10 Likes

Just spotted on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/AirportCEO/status/852157060653436930

If you haven’t got your designs submitted yet everyone, then get a move on!

3 Likes

Another one with custom wings:

18 Likes

Won’t be able to get a design in. Good luck everyone.

1 Like

Ok here is my first try with GIMP (Sorry, I couldn’t handle Photoshop and also it required internet to work which was not available during designing)

Ok so before I proceed… A warning:
Please make sure that you have a seat near you, you may puke. You have been warned.

Airline Name: Multiverse Airlines

This airline was founded by retirees from three space organisations: NASA, ESA, ISRO and ROSCOSMOS.
Due to adequate funds, they started out with an used 747. By the 2000, they had settled as the best in industry. The quality service and price fares can only be afforded by the rich.
The airline provides XBOX/PS4 (passenger’s choice) along with 100 top games for free. It also has on flight Spa, Bar, Gym and Shower.
The seats are highly customisable as seat decor and colour are chosen by the passenger. The flight attendants of airline are usually Miss World’s and beauty pageants. And each one probably will have a salary more than the three pilots, combined. They are the only 5 star airline in the industry.

They operates customised 737s, 787s, 747s and A380s (largest operator of A380).

The airline, if comes to your airport, will give a dramatic tourism boost. But beware they are excellent negotiators.

The airline spends billions on luxury of passengers but only few dollars in the logo and livery.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Pls comment and make me laugh.:joy:

6 Likes

Dont be so yard on yourself. I’ve seen worse :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just see my logo.:joy::joy: I am laughing to death every time i glance at it.

Edit: I made the whole thing in 15min… logo in less the 2min i guess. I started working after I saw that tweet

It took me more time to upload it on forum and form than it took to design

1 Like

Is this your equivalent of r/Roastme? :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean your logo looks like a block of cheese that’s gone a bit mouldy as opposed to a multiverse and that’s a very erm… “Striking” colour scheme but I think I can see the look you’re going for there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hey everyone,
here is my first try for the design contest. Hope you like it!

Hygge (n.): includes somethings nice, cozy, safe and known. This sums up how the staff of Hygge Airways want to make you feel onboard. We of Hygge Airways feel that Hygge is a lifestyle: enjoy the stay onboard our airline in our cabin designed by danish interior architects and make the trip to your destination a part of your vacation.
Hygge Airways was founded in the early 2000s and counts itself as a normal/expensive airline. And its operating base is Kopenhagen. From here it flies all over Europe but is just developing a long-haul network. In order to make the customers feel hyggeligt onboard the airline uses only the newest aircraft on the market: e.g. all the Airbuses and Boeings but also planes like the Cseries.

5 Likes

I mean your logo looks like a block of cheese that’s gone a bit mouldy as opposed to a multiverse

I couldn’t describe it better.:joy::joy: That’s the cheese you’ll get on Multiverse.

“Striking” colour scheme but I think I can see the look you’re going for there

I didn’t get your pun. Please elaborate.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nice design🙂

2 Likes

Thanks bro!

2 Likes

Alpen Flugdienst connect medium cities around Alps with major HUBs.

16 Likes

Well I made this in relation to my previous post just for fun (its not part of the contest) and it might be a bit simple but this is my idea of an apoapsis private jet :smiley:

18 Likes

We may see Olof and Fredrik land in London on BBC news in future. When they get super rich.

5 Likes

Good job guys! I’am happy to see so many cool designs.I think we all did a great job and now we have a good selection of different airlines and styles! I think its cool that so many of you are getting involved and contribute to the game! :wink:

1 Like

I think this might get included without being part of the contest too ;p

2 Likes

As long as I have the .psd file it only can be recreated but not implemented :smiley:

1 Like

GCA (Formerly Great Canadian Airlines) was a charter company based out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Founded in 1965 Great Canadian Airlines originally operated a fleet of 5 DHC-2 Beavers out of the Toronto Harbour. Unfortunately the company fell into financial troubles in 1981 and was aquired by a private holdings company. The airline was rebranded as GCA and the aging DHC-2 Beavers were phased out of service. Today GCA operates a regional fleet across North America. As GCA is a regional airline profit margins are slim, but CGA strives to ensure passenger satisfaction nonetheless.

Regional Fleet:
C208 Caravan
DHC-6 Twin Otter
DHC-8 Q400
CRJ 700
B737
A320

6 Likes

Founded in 1988 Swelink began as a small regional airline flying domestic flights from Stockholm Arlanda airport.

Due to intelligent marketing it quickly began to compete with the more established airlines.
In the summer of 1999 Swelink announced a huge expansion of the fleet and the intension of seriously competing in the medium haul European market. This was all possible due to an investment made by a Swedish capitalist named Wallenberg.

As of today Swelink is a mid fare regional airline and has its hub located at Arlanda airport flying a fleet containing of 27 aircrafts.

7x CRJ-700 (used mainly for shorthaul Scandinavian flights)

14x Airbus A321 (used mainly for medium haul to southern Europe)

6x Airbus A330 (Used for southern Europe and some longhaul flights to charter destinations during winter)

The Airbus A321 and A330 is both configured with First, Business and Economy class while the smaller CRJ only have Economy

7 Likes