The Airport CEO Airline Design Contest

Hey there, Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
You should find plenty of those on youtube

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome! been following the game progress since January and will just add THAT I CANT WAIT FOR THE ALPHA RELEASE ! Ya Figured youtube will be helpful, Unless somebody makes one on this plane…:wink: ?!

1 Like

Haha i wish. Last time i used photoshop was…never :slight_smile:

Edit::can do wicked application icons in paint.net though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Why do i feel that you are almost near to a free copy of ACEO??? It’s amazing.

1 Like

I love the way the community can help - a key to success for this game! Great work.
As said before, my photoshop skills sucks but im going to try it anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh gosh stop, lol. Thanks!! The backstory of the airline wasn’t much better tbh. I KNOW in my airline topic, I’ve come up with a few better. I must say though, I’m pleased with how this paint job turned out!! I will say though, I wanted some curves in the paintwork, but I could not get curved lines to work for the sake of me. Again, this was not MY photoshop. XD

1 Like

“Copyright © 2017 Apaopsis Studios”

Devs, Are ghost companies* allowed to hold copyright.

*You said some time back that Apaopsis isn’t a ‘real’ studio, not registered. :confused:

1 Like

I think they put that since they’ve made the aircraft for the game, and specifically tweaked little things here and there to avoid copyright from the aircraft companies…

1 Like

Well it took a while but I finished it.

Lemon Lime Airlines, always on time, for only dimes.

I’m almost sorry for that

EDIT: forgot to put Lemon Lime Airlines humble back story.

Lemon Lime began 30 years ago as a private company that transported CEO’s and major officials of soda companies around the US they where nicknamed Lemon Lime soda by their passangers as the fleet of private jets had a green and yellow stripe down the aircraft. The name stuck.

They soon expanded their fleet of privat jets to larger aircraft capable of crossing greater distances. In the early 2000 they began to take on passangers and became a true airline after purchasing a fleet of 350 CRJ 200s.

Today they oporate as a budget airline in parts of North America and Europe with a few cross atlantic flights a week, however the company keeps expanding and is testing flights to Asia and Oceania.

They have over 400 aircraft, opporating CRJ 200s and 700s, 737-800s, and 777 200ERs. They soon will replace there ageing fleet of CRJ 200s with 787 Dreemliners alowing them to move more people, more places, more eficiently.

Also devs, if its possible please use this backstory, not the one I sent in…had more time to think about the deeper details after submission.

26 Likes

You should be very sorry lol

1 Like

Intaka Air (Meaning ‘Bird’) in the Xhosa language, is low cost carrier founded in 1995 Post Apartheid South Africa, to connect the rural tribes with modern society and to deliver much needed medical and food supplies to tribes living in isolation. Starting with only 2 planes the airline was known as Intaka Express, and performed daily flights from their HUB, Lanseria International airport to self-made airstrips in the hilly landscapes.

20 years later Intaka Air plays a vital role in connecting trade hubs in Africa and flies to Zimbabwe, Namibia, Nigeria, Libia, Dubai, Swaziland, Kenya, Zambia, Nigeria, Madagascar, Maritius, Seychelles, Ethiopia, Morocco and Egypt with routes to Europe and Australia planned.

Intaka Air, Flying is for everyone

13 Likes

Here’s my first attempt with photoshop. I think it shows :joy: but I actually got exactly the style I wanted with this one - Cheap and Nasty.

Introducing CHEAPO Airlines:

CHEAPO is an ultra low cost carrier, operating from its many global hubs. Based in Stansted, they prefer to fly to secondary airports. CHEAPO are popular with passengers who can enjoy fares from just €1, although naturally surcharges are common (for food and drink, baggage, credit card payment, oxygen masks…). As a fledgling airport, CHEAPO can really put you on the world map, but they are notoriously tough negotiators - expect them to pay low landing fees.

15 Likes

Thanks alot!!

1 Like

Must be added, even if not for the contest but as some fun for players with the back story of the negotiations

1 Like

I’m not that good :see_no_evil:

15 Likes

Your tailwing looks kinda weird :smiley: No offense dude! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh my goodness i just saw some of the other entries and mine is awful compared, but i hope you guys like the simplicity.

12 Likes

Had to be done - the eminent subcharter white tail :smiley:

http://imgur.com/0Tn9gQ9

2 Likes

I hope you guys like it :slight_smile:

Backgroundstory:
JustFly was founded in 1994 by two brothers from England. There goal was to make an airline which makes flying easy for everyone. At the beginning, they only had a few planes and flew only to a handful destinations. But after hard work and some investments they became one of the biggest airlines in Europe. JustFly flys now to the whole world with Heathrow as headquarter.

17 Likes

Good question, however, the rules of copyright has nothing to do whether you are a company or not. Any unique work is automatically copyrighted once it is being put into existence and created. So everything that we have done in Airport CEO including code, our website, sound effects created by us and textures are owned by us automatically. There is no need to even use the © symbol. The work is still copyrighted. It is only used as a reminder that the texture, in this case, cannot be used without our permission, but has no real legal value. You can still file a copyright lawsuit.

4 Likes