The Airport CEO Airline Design Contest

Here comes AirExpress again. I decided to try white for my airline because the grey wasn’t as metallic as I wanted.

12 Likes

Time to submit another “formerly bankrupt” airlines as a submission idea.

Name: Bouraq Airlines (Originally, Bouraq Indonesia Airlines)
Story:
Bouraq Indonesia Airlines was one of the first private airlines in Indonesia, founded by Jarry A. Sumendap. Operating out of Java, the main island, Bouraq grew to become one of the largest private airlines at the end of the nineties, with reputation for impeccable service, excellent operation and innovation. Yet, with the death of the founder, the resistance to change and the impending monetary crisis of 1998, Bouraq was forced to cease operations and declared bankruptcy in 2005.

Now, as trade grows between Middle East and the Malayan Peninsula, the need for travel has grown substantially between these two rich regions. Seizing this opportunity, the Sumendap family plans to revive Bouraq Airlines, with the third generation at the helm of the company. A representative from the Sumendap family announces the company’s intent to begin operations again after receiving government approval and delivery of planes from Boeing this year. Bouraq will begin serving routes from Jakarta and eastwards to Mecca, while also serving local markets. Analysts speculates that Bouraq will place several Dreamliners to serve their international market, with 737 Maxes filling in for local and regional market.

Bouraq Airlines was named after al-Buraq. Al-Buraq is traced from Muslim mythology as the horse from the heavens that transported the prophets, most notably Muhammad from Mecca to Jerusalem and back during the Isra and Mi’raj. In reality, there was another Buraq Air operating out of Libya, but the same airlines was also discontinued following the beginning of Libyan Civil War. Bouraq Air was famous for its toucan green color, which was quite unique at that time.

More info: WikiVisually (it’s in Bahasa Indonesia, sorry)

9 Likes

the devs requested to keep it vector based, not rasterized, because they have to scale it

1 Like

Photoshop is soo hard. Having a tough time😓

1 Like

Try paint.net. Install a psd plugin and you can import and export photoshop files.
At least that’s how i did it

1 Like

Cant understund how your doing all those lines and colours so nice and shaped correctly can anyone tell me how?

1 Like

Ok this is how i am going. Tried Photoshop… didn’t understand a shit.:poop:
Tried GIMP… Got successful in making a shitty livery.:poop:

And now about to try Paint.net.:face_with_head_bandage: But i believe i will go back to Photoshop… try my hand on some tutorials and then try the livery again.

The words used in these softwares are like alien language to me.:alien:

This is the first time i am using an image editor other than Microsoft Paint.:art:

Wish me luck!!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

when we do the community vote will we see what aircraft they have submitted and type of airline ?

1 Like

I’d imagine all of that information would be shared with us, but ultimately the devs would make the first decision. Since that’s the case, they’ll be sorting through around 40 submissions at the moment, and work their way through the list, finding the ones they like most.

After that, let’s say they have 10 they chose, we’ll vote on the ones we like most. As stated though, the final decision still remains to come down to them.

@Fredrik and @Olof have a lot of work ahead of them with this! XD I’m excited though, to see how they handle this, and what they decide to do.

4 Likes

This is a great thread, with some fantastic designs and concepts. I did try Photo Shop, but like @pderuiter I found it was too confusing. I’ll watch from the sidelines :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably shortly after the deadline closes (so 24th April onwards), but the devs are going to have to sift through potentially hundreds of entries before putting it to a public vote! There are 32 entries on this thread so far, and another 5 over on Reddit (if you haven’t had a look, there are some pretty good entries over there too). And we’re only three days in. That’s not counting any entries that have been submitted without being publicised (although I have assumed that all entries on here and on Reddit have been submitted officially). It could well take them a few days to go through all the entries and create a shortlist for us to vote from.

I think it’s going to be hard for them to select a single winner, so I do wonder if we’ll see multiple short lists (perhaps one for each type of airline (low cost/normal/luxury))?

1 Like

Okay so I was so jealous of all your amazing designs I couldn’t help myself not to make another one,

Introducing… Scot Air!

Scot Air was founded in 1981 with just one DC-8 which they had leased from KLM. Scot Air was founded in Edinburgh which since then has always been their home airport. Nowadays Scot Air’s focus is on domestic and short-haul routes, with it’s most popular route being the Edinburgh to Barcelona route. Scot Air defines itself by giving prestine business class like service for all their customers, Scot Air does not even have business class as their vision is that every passenger should be able to get a taste of true scottish hospitality.

18 Likes

I got another one here, bonus points to those who know what its based off of.

Null Airlines

Few know what this airlines purpose is, its aircraft are unmarked except for their registration number and a red cheatline, it only ever arrives late at night and leaves early in the morning with its few 737-600 aircraft. Those who do work with the airline don’t say anything and the high money payed to the airports keeps most people quiet.

Many believe that this airline shuttles government workers to secret locations which house captured aliens and their technology.

7 Likes

Given your description and the red bar on the side it has to be JANET…?

1 Like

I created one on my topic similar, but I think it was a green line and Janice or something as the name, that way it wasn’t exactly the same.

1 Like

Just wanted to drop by and say that me and @Fredrik are blown away by all the amazing entries we’ve gotten! Just over 50 have been submitted and since we have a cap on the form at 100 entries we’ll close the contest if that is reached before Sunday.

Amazing work! :smiley:

6 Likes

Can’t wait!!!

1 Like

@Bjorn Yes, JANET airlines is correct.

@Nace888 Ya I made the design pretty exact, but I did that as the red on white just looked too good to change.

2 Likes

The arch nemesis of Claymore Airways! :imp: My fictional airline already has competition :joy:

1 Like

Been following AirportCEO for a while now, but never thought to make a forum account until now. Decided to have a little fun with designing an airline, so I came up with ToastEZ Air! An airline aimed to provide toasty-comfort flights on an easy-budget. :grin:

-:bread:

11 Likes