The Airport CEO Business Design Contest

###Main Thread. No submissions, only comments allowed!
After the success of the Airport CEO Airline Design Contests we are happy to announce yet another opportunity for you to make your mark on Airport CEO! The Airport CEO Business Design Contest is the second opportunity you as a player have to implement your own business into the game! The winners will receive a free copy of Airport CEO and a special honorary forum badge.

We are currently missing logos for most businesses in the game. We would like to focus on testing rather than spending a lot of time on creating the required 40 to 50 logos. Therefore, we are asking you to get creative and help out by contributing to the game! This time the concept will be a bit different from the airline design contest: There will not be a community vote, instead we will pick logos which we seem fit for Airport CEO. Of course, you are more than welcome to help us in the process by liking any logos you like in the forum thread as it could help us choose but ultimately we will make the final call.

Instructions

Come up with a concept for a business or brand you’d like to see in the game. We’re looking for a company or brand name, the logo in .psd or .png file format, a short description, tagline or sales pitch of the company or brand as well as a the name of the company’s CEO.

We are looking for a good mix of business within these categories…

• Cheap (a company which just wants to sell low quality products for lowest price possible)
  • Small (small company with a couple of employees,
  • Medium (has fairly large business in home country and possibly neighboring countries)
  • Large (big global cooperation)
  • Exclusive (not necessarily a large company but targets wealthy people)

… within these industries (the number indicates the approximate number of logos we need)…

• Restaurants/Cafes (around 20)
  • Shops (around 20)
  • Construction Companies (3-5)
  • Banks ( 3, a small, a medium and a large)
  • Aviation Fuel Suppliers (3-5)

Rules

• Come up with a business name and short background story that you think might fit in the game. Your business should be specified in an industry and business category.
  • Download the design below template (PSD or PNG) and apply the logo. We strongly recommend using Adobe Photoshop (trial version can be obtained).
  • All external content must be 100% free to use commercially. If you are unsure, do not use! Very important! We have seen some logos with copyright protected material and we will not be able to accept them in because of that. Use a safe website like http://www.clker.com/ or https://pixabay.com/ for external content.
  • Logo and name must not be similar to existing companies or brands.
  • You are welcome to post several designs but as always, we value quality over quantity.
  • All logos must use the provided template.
  • Designers who gets their logo(s) selected will receive one free copy of Airport CEO and a special honorary forum badge.
  • Remember that the logo will be downsized in the game. Try not to add small text as it will not be readable. Also try to keep the logo as square as possible.

Templates can be found here.

Submission

Submit your entry in a post below using the following format:

[Upload you logo in Logo in PNG or similar]

Name: [company or brand name]

Category: [industry (café, shop etc), category (cheap, medium etc)]

Description: [a short description, tagline or sales pitch. Try to keep it short (approx. 3 to 4 sentences]

CEO Name: [the name of the company or brand CEO]

10 Likes

Yay!! Good luck to everyone!

I suspected it would be something like this… Well, lets get going folks!

Edit: One link just gave me a template with nothing I could do to it, and the other was invalid.

Edit 2: I had to enter Ps a different way, never mind. :pensive:

i call the payday 2 banks, mine mine mine.

1 Like

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Airport CEO Business Design Contest [Cafes/Restaurants/Bars]

I have a question restaurants or fast food places are count as shops or caffes?

We said cafes because we havn’t made items yet in the game for it to be a proper restaurant. But if you do have a restaurant idea, sure go ahead with that. :slight_smile:

Is it allowed to make more than one logo? :slight_smile:

Yes! But we as we said, quality over quantity please. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

OMG, I have so many ideas.

Me to, but im at a party right now​:joy::joy: luckly i’ve got a long weekend And some weeks with Just one or two test. So I Will make some​:yum:

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Airport CEO Business Design Contest [Banks]

40 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Airport CEO Business Design Contest [Shops/Tax Frees]

Is there a specific end date, or will you just select submissions as you find ones you like?

I’m hoping for at least a couple weeks as I’ll be traveling.

I think the end of the submissions Is when the logos are already enough for the game.

So this means that we can’t do a parody on an existing company? :frowning:

Those should be legally okay, as long as no reasonable person would confuse your logo for actually being the real company.

Not sure if the devs want to play it safe and not have those at all, that’s up to them.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Airport CEO Business Design Contest [Cafes/Restaurants/Bars]

haha Chimp approves. :wink:

1 Like

I am now struggling with photoshop. :confused: :smirk:

Good to see plenty of people who are not having as much trouble with PS as me. :joy:

1 Like