The Airport CEO Business Design Contest

If you used something straight from Google that’s not marked for commerical use or CC-licensed, of course you’ll end up in trouble. Though I don’t see how this relates to my logo.

I don’t dispute what a trademark or copyright is, but however I don’t see any winning arguments in where my logo would breach the trademark or copyright.

If you’d make a Aviation Fuel company named “Shell” in this contest I’d understand a trademark/copyright claim as that is a big international company that has trademarked their logo and name. Though a [slightly edited] name of a fictional store in a game which takes place in a fictional world, with a name of a common dictionary verb? I don’t believe Rockstar has trademarked that, and “Bite” is not exactly what a everyday Joe would say like “Oh yes, that store in Grand Theft Auto V!”.

I completely agree that we all should step careful here, but I don’t see any reason I’ve breached trademark or copyright. Though if you’ve any specific arguments on how it does breach it, I’m curious what they are - as I of course have no intention to break any copyright or trademark.

1 Like

@blt950 I don’t know why you are acting like we are accusing you or revealed a secret or something. I just saw that bite logo in GTA5 and I posted it in here. Let @Olof and @Fredrik make the last decision.

I’m not acting like you’re accusing me or revealed a secret :slight_smile: Though I understand why you feel like that, because it’s not easy to know when communicating with text :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You said “It might be a problem”, and I just tried to explain why I thought it probably won’t. I think it’s also a interesting discussion anyway, so others who post their submissions can see this and avoid that their work is copyrighted or trademarked.

I have to agree with you that it’s not exactly a copyright breach.

However the fact that you rip a logo from a game and pose it as your own is a bit pity. Many people are trying hard to be creative and winning themselves a place in the game. I do not want to attack you on any front, but it’s pretty unfair and even a bit scandalous that you submit a logo such as this.

Point made, back on topic,

I can see myself having all of your amazing companies in my airport, just don’t get to hard on me negotiating rent… :slight_smile:

NOTE: I miss quoted here, this is meant for @EG0611 obviously

This comment is a bit out of line Bjorn. Who says he knew that there was a logo in another game which looked very similar to his? I mean there are tons of games and we can’t play them all, right? If he was unaware of it, did come up with this kind of logo himself, I would say that it is pretty creative and not scandalous at all. Someone else just made him aware, that’s all, let’s not drag it any further :slight_smile:

And let’s just enjoy what other people bring to Airport CEO with their designs :slight_smile: , some do really look nice.

Apologies, I didn’t look at the image long enough to determine that it was from GTA, in which case I see no trademark issues (Unless Rockstar have a trademark on the Bite logo).

1 Like

Hahaha, i`ve not taken the effort to look that all up, sorry for that! :sweat_smile:

I would agree with you if we could consider it to be inspired by. I support every form of creativity and I’m completely aware of the fact that we all get our inspiration somewhere. Although if you look into it a bit more you’ll find it to be an exact copy. Now I do not believe in coincidences of any form, and as we clearly cannot speak about inspiration but rather copying I do not feel as if my comment was out of line.

EDIT: As it turns out Rockstar material is as copyrighted as it can be, so besides me having a point or not, it can’t be allowed on grounds of copyright infringement.

1 Like

Love all the designs, can’t wait to see them in my airport! :heart_eyes:

This thread is getting out of hand, enough arguments about copyright and legality issues. That is up to the devs to decide, and the forum is not a place to argue, it gives us a bad look. :wink:

2 Likes

Top Gun is copyrighted by Paramount Pictures

Stop writing essay to argue with copyright issue…

2 Likes

That’s it guys. We won’t be voting, so let everyone be creative and let them post. Trademarks and copyrights infiltration can be decided by the devs. Lets end this debate.

3 Likes

###Importance Notice about Copyright
First of all, this is not a thread about copyright laws so please end the discussion and current unnecessary blame gaming. We will ask everyone who we select to provide us with the link to any material they used in the logo. Then we can read the terms ourselves and ensure that it is clear for us to use.

Since there are some confusion regarding this topic, I feel there is a need to clarify this.

• Do not copy material straight from Google. The majority of images are normally copyrighted, even if the image does not have watermarks or says so.

• Read the terms of use that applies for the material you want to use. If it does not specifically says “free to use commercially” or similar, do not use it as it is most likely not allowed. If it say personal use only, we cannot use it at all.

• If it says free to use commercially with attribution, we will need to collect the attribution and add it to our credit list.

• Read the Creative Commons rules and the different licensing types. About The Licenses - Creative Commons

• When it comes to similarities with other logos there are less clear rules. As it is perfectly possibly for two people who have never meet to come up with the exact same idea, the true ownership can be very hard to prove. Here it is more about common sense but if you accidently copied an existing logo, we will not be able to use it, simply for our own protection. It is not the same as to say that you violated copyright laws.

14 Likes

We are open for submissions again! :grinning:

Updated rules:

• One submission per post (please fix multiple submissions and divide them into the correct categories)
  • This thread only allows comments. The respective design threads ONLY allows submissions. Comments will be removed.
  • Read the copyright rules above!

Happy designing!

2 Likes

Hi Devs,

what is about companies with multiple business areas?
Because I design my logo at the moment and my company (that’s the current plan) is a all-round supplier on field.
For Fuel and (I hope for later) catering, cleaning and transfer betweent terminals or terminal to stand. Like other servicesuppliers eg. Fraport or Swissport.
Maybe more into ACEO future turned, I think.
At the moment, I would sort them to Fuel suppliers.

Then you pick the one that we have requested. We are not looking for caterers at the moment so then it would be fuel supply. :slight_smile:

How much smaller will the logos be in-game?

1 Like