The Airport Logotype Design Contest
Since we know how creative, talented and devoted our community is, the time for a new design contest has once again come! As of Alpha 33, we've overhauled the airport logo system with a powerful section of sub-features for creating truly custom logos and we now need a nicer selection of airport logos to chose from as you create your new airport. Before introducing the conditions, there is a new core feature added: The airport's IATA code can be an element of the logotype! Real life examples of this can be seen in the logos of LAX and CPH. The winners' logo will be in the vanilla version of ACEO, their name will be able to generate in game as passenger or staff and the forum alias credited in the game's credit menu panel. But wait, there is more! The winners will also receive one free Steam key for ACEO to use for themselves or give to a friend!
All submissions should be posted in this main thread as an upload of your .png-file. The winning logotypes will be picked at the end of the contest period based on most likes or what we (the ACEO team) feels simply must be in the full release of the game!
Deadline: Sunday 20th October 23:59 (GMT+1)
- Create a document able to export to .png with dimensions 256x256px (the design may use transparency).
- Design a custom logotype you feel is suitable for an airport. Get inspirations from existing airports but don't plagiarize.
- Your design may include the IATA-code, but note that this is not mandatory, and we also happily accept logos without the support for IATA.
- If your design should include the IATA-code, make sure different combinations of three letters looks good ("MMM" seems to usually take up the most space)
- If your design should include the IATA-code, these are the fonts available for use:
- BebasNeue Bold
- BebasNeue Regular
- BebasNeue Book
- OpenSans ExtraBold
- OpenSans SemiBold
- OpenSans Light
These are fonts native to ACEO. Don’t modify the font in any way (skew, separate letters, etc.), however feel free to change the color, rotation and font size.
- We want a PNG of dimensions 256x256px posted in this thread
- If your design will use the IATA-code, please upload one design without the IATA showing (the one we will use), and one with an example-IATA showing so we know how it's intended to look in-game. Please also specify the font and font color used from the list above! (otherwise we'll chose one that looks the most similar)
NOTICE: Any external imagery must be 100% allowed to use commercially royalty free. If you are in doubt or unsure, do not use it. This is very important as your design will be automatically disqualified if it contains copyrighted material!
You are allowed to submit several designs, but as always we value quality over quantity.
All winners must accept to completely transfer all ownership of the created design to Apoapsis Studios. This will be handled individually, should your design win.
Design submission example
Font: BebasNeue Bold
Font color: #76df9a
A short notice on moddingShould your design not make it into the game, you will be able to mod custom logos in. It will support uploading to Steam Workshops. The system is in place and will be implemented shortly and described in another upcoming thread!
Best of luck to our contestants!