The Airport Logotype Design Contest

Wow, your deisgn are AWESOME twocflyer, i’m a fan. Are you working in the design industry IRL ?

1 Like

A very minimalist design…

5 Likes

ACEO Airport Logotype Design #5 by TwoCflyer

There is nothing like arriving at Terminal Building International (TBX), airside or landslide, and entering into the beautifully designed piece of art! Walking around the interior and through the skybridge, admiring the architecture and views from the floor to ceiling glass windows, can make you loose track of time. The reflections the glass can take can be are like a movie as life passes by them. I introduce to you the airport logo:

Terminal Building

Font: OpenSans Ultra-Bold

Font Color (Darker):

• HEX #247696
  • RGB: 36, 118, 150

Font Color (Lighter):

• HEX #b4c8cf
  • RGB: 180, 200, 207

Design Inspirations

Logo Inspiration from:

Colors from:

Clipart Used (created by me)
Just squares and lines, angles and aircraft silhouette outline from picture above.

AirportLogo_TerminalBuildingIATA AirportLogo_TerminalBuildingIATALight AirportLogo_TerminalBuildingNoIATA

12 Likes

WOW! Amazing submissions, all of you! If this keeps up, we definitely gonna have a great competition on our hands :star_struck:

4 Likes

Hi!, here I leave some designs.

1. “SUN”
    01%20SUN%20_%20IATA 01%20SUN
Summary

Font for IATA
Font: BebasNeue Bold
Font Color Hex: #1a56be
Font Color RGB: 26,86,190

1. “SIGN”
    02%20SIGN%20_%20IATA 02%20SIGN
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #000000
Font Color RGB: 0,0,0

1. “GOLD”
    03%20GOLD%20_%20IATA 03%20GOLD
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #dbd3ab
Font Color RGB: 219,211,171

1. “COLORS”
    04%20COLORS
Summary

Font for IATA
Font: None
Font Color Hex: None
Font Color RGB: None

1. “COLORS 2”
    05%20COLORS%202%20_%20IATA 05%20COLORS%202
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #006cff
Font Color RGB: 0,108,255

1. “TRAP”
    06%20TRAP%20_%20IATA 06%20TRAP
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #ffffff
Font Color RGB: 255,255,255

1. “BICOLOR”
    07%20BICOLOR%20_%20IATA 07%20BICOLOR
Summary

Font for IATA

1. “PAPER”
    08%20PAPER%20_%20IATA 08%20PAPER
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #ac3232
Font Color RGB: 172,50,50

15 Likes

wow, totally random and weird. but I just made another one with a paper airplane that someone messaged me and gave me the inspiration to do. I am waiting for them to respond to see how they like it and so I just came here to see if anyone had posted any new ones… and you used a paper plane too @pikaste. I feel totally bad posting this one I just did. Do you mind if I do @pikaste? Its different in concept, basic too. but it does use a paper airplane and I don’t want to step on your design you just posted. The paper airplanes are almost the same looking though. but just different angles and color. On a side note, great logos!!! glad you did a few and that im not the only one doing multiple ones! ill send you a screenshot of it and you let me know if its okay for me to add to the contest.

1 Like

Great work guys!

1 Like

I love number 1 and 3, they are awesome

1 Like

Your design reminds me this pokemon

ACEO Airport Logotype Design #6 by TwoCflyer

A fellow ACEO forum member asked me to create a logo based off their Kochi (also known as Cochin - I thought KOC looked better than COC…lol), India local airport, Cochin International Airport Limited… saying “what captivates me the most of about it is that it’s not a regular fancy logo. It’s minimal. The design is basically a type of origami made from a single leaf of the coconut tree.” I took on the challenge. Its just funny how someone uploaded a paper airplane logo as I was working on mine. I feel they are different enough to upload it. If there is a problem, I will delete it.

Kochi Metropolitan

Font Color:

• HEX #05b5ff
  • RGB: 5, 181, 255

Design Inspirations

Logo Inspiration from:. Origami made me instantly think of a paper airplane for the logo.

Colors from:
Kochi/Cochin City ( Kingdom of Cochin- Historical Royal Family flag colors).

I was having a hard time looking for colors for this logo then I found this flag and fell in love with the BOLD unique colorful combination!

Just triangle for the paper airplane and curved lines for the jet streams

Transparent (preferred), Black & White Backgrounds Options:

Kochi2_IATA_Transparent Kochi2_NoIATA_Transparent
Kochi2_IATA_Black Kochi2_NoIATA_Black
Kochi2_IATA_White Kochi2_NoIATA_White

1 Like

Very nice submissions everyone!! :smiley:

Thanks for the opportunity @Olof @Alexander to let us be creative!

ACEO Airport Logotype Design #6 by TwoCflyer

Update: Spelt International wrong, fixed!

Inspired in combination with the paper airplane and San Diego International Airport Logos, I created Aeroplane International (ARO). I introduce you to their airport logo:

Aeroplane

Font: Cousine Bold Italic

Font Color: Opacity 90% (IATA text goes under logo layer, if possible)

• HEX #94dc08
  • RGB: 148, 220, 8

Design Inspirations

Logo Inspiration from: San Diego International Airport Logo

Colors from:
Random Section from GIMP News3 Color Palette options because I love the blues and greens!!!:

I traced over an airplane picture with different shapes filling them in with different blue and green paint all in different layers. Then I changed all the shape colors to 70% Opacity and the “International” & boarder to 85% and the IATA to 90% opacity. I then merged all the areoplane shape colors together and put the “ARO” IATA under the “International” layer as well as the “International” layer under the Aeroplane layer for the layered effect.

Transparent, Transparent (w/ boarder) & White (w/ boarder) Background Options:

Aeroplane_IATA_Transparent Aeroplane_NoIATA_Transparent

Aeroplane_IATABoarder_Transparent Aeroplane_NOIATABoarder_Transparent

Aeroplane_IATABoarder_White Aeroplane_NoIATABoarder_White

1 Like

Hello my friend, please do not have to feel that your design could not be in this post, I would never think it was a copy of my work. And it is still my design that inspired you (which is not the case) it is completely normal that we use the same elements to make logos of something very specific like an airport.

It would not be the first time that common elements were used to reinvent or change the point of view.
Here I leave some real logos of airports that go around our own ideas.

Summary

ref2

Tremendous work my friend! Thanks or share.

1 Like

thanks so much. love your logos btw. hope you can create some more!

1 Like

How are you getting such clean images? Mine keep pixelating, LOL!

I create them in 1024x1024 and then when done export them to png, and then make a copy and then resize the copies to 256x256 @Nace888

ACEO Airport Logotype Design #7 by TwoCflyer

Another fellow ACEO forum member requested I make a logo inspired by their local village mountain range in Switzerland. This was perfect because I really wanted to do a mountain range logo anyways! So here was the inspiration to do one! They gave me an image of their Alps including the three peaks (from left to right) Eiger, Mönch, & Jungfrau. This is where I came up with the IATA for this logo (EMJ). A funny coincidence is that I watched an Amazing Race episode that had a challenge on the same mountain peak as one of those mountains peaks the night before he asked me to make the logo… I was like “I just saw this place on TV!” haha. I introduce you to their Airport Logo:

Bernese Alps

Font: OpenSans Ultra-Bold

Font Color: (Blue)

• HEX #28455c
  • RGB: 40, 69, 92

Font Color: (White)

• HEX #dad9dc
  • RGB: 218, 217, 220

Design Inspirations

Logo Inspiration from:
Bernese Alp Mountains in Switzerland Mountains from left to right; Eiger, Mönch, Jungfrau. If you flip back and forth between these two images, you can see how I layered the mountain colors. The images line up with one another.

Logo Layout Inspiration from Denver International Airport Logo

Colors from:
Used a few from each palette…

I made paths (traced) over the mountain image first doing the top layer (Dark mountain), then the medium blue dark part of the mountain (layer below the darker), then the white layer below that, then added the sky behind that and the lake below that. Then the grass above the lake layer and the trees above all layers. Then cropped the image and sized it smaller and added the blue/white background layers and the blue/white text and line layers

Transparent, Blue Bkg/White Text, & White Bkg/Blue Text options (also widest letter WWW example):

The WWW example is there to show how to line up the widest possible IATA letter option with the outer edges of the mountain image and International Airport and white line. All other IATA letter options should then fit.

BerneseAlps_IATA_Transparent BerneseAlps_NoIATA_Transparent

BerneseAlps_IATA_BlueBkgWhiteFont BerneseAlps_NoIATA_BlueBkgWhiteFont

BerneseAlps_IATA_WhiteBkgBlueFont BerneseAlps_NoIATA_WhiteBkgBlueFont

BerneseAlps_IATAWWW_Transparent BerneseAlps_IATAWWW_BlueBkgWhiteFont BerneseAlps_IATAWWW_WhiteBkgBlueFont

11 Likes

Try use a program that edits in vectors like Adobe Illustrator

More designs :smiley:

1. “BEACH”
    09%20BEACH%20_%20IATA 09%20BEACH
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #624907
Font Color RGB: 98,73,7

1. “CITY”
    10%20CITY%20_%20IATA 10%20CITY
Summary

Font for IATA

1. “MOUNTAIN”
    11%20MOUNTAIN%20_%20IATA 11%20MOUNTAIN
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #7a401b
Font Color RGB: 122,64,27

1. “SNOW”
    12%20SNOW%20_%20IATA 12%20SNOW
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #c3ebf8
Font Color RGB: 195,235,248

1. “DESERT”
    13%20DESERT%20_%20IATA 13%20DESERT
Summary

Font for IATA
Font Color Hex: #4a3705
Font Color RGB: 74,55,5

Thx!

8 Likes

I knew it was something I was doing with my formatting. I’ve gotta redo my stuff then! :smiley:

The UPDATED version of my initial design…

11 Likes