The unbearable Art

Yeah 2D for win. the approach like PA make sense when you have different level . You can see Level 2 and part of the Level 1 at the same time and there will separation of level which complete top view can not easily provided.

Thereā€™s apparently one of those in very early dev or planning stages (isometric style)
I personally think with this game, ACEO, they should stick to what it is now, and no doubt that is the intention anyway, but refined. A complete direction change to the style would be somewhat strange.
Itā€™s nice, it works, itā€™s sold copies and people like it.

1 Like

Trueā€¦the challenge should lie in the game and gameplay and not in its looks. The sprites are good enough for me to show what everyone is doing. A bit more diversity overall over time like burgers in a burger restaurant and no stands selling cakes 'n muffins instead or empty shelves for example. This is Alpha so things will be done, right? But I do not need every person in 3D. Saves CPU capacity as well.

3D isometric was awesome for Theme Hospital, it would not work well with ACEO. Another art style airport designer, maybe, but not ACEO. The current art style works; If it ainā€™t broke, donā€™t fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.