Tilt trays should be faster

Tilt trays should run at the speed of high-speed conveyor belts, so that we can set up more efficient baggage layouts. Right now, if we try to improve efficiency by splitting congested, high speed baggage lines into two smaller lines, then the tilt tray acts as a bottleneck, clogging up the system, when in fact they should allow us to relieve congestion by taking baggage off heavily used conveyors.
Case in point:

Here i’ve splitted my baggage line so that it can go through two scanning stations at the same time, which in theory should improve efficiency. However, as the tilt tray runs at a slow speed, it acts as a bottleneck, clogging up the system.

I never have belts clogging up, use more lanes of conveyor if you have too many bags.
Another thing wich helps me alot is making all intersections consistent of slow belts at least 2 blocks before and after intersections. This gives enough space in between them.

When a new voting round starts, you should vote for this then :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.