Time in the game

Not really, the way the system is built still menas that the continuous day flow is simulated “underneath” the time we present to the player. We like to build agile and fluid systems, so changing the year cycling is literally just adjusting a variable which means that we could very easily implement a game setting where the player chooses their own year length.

3 Likes

Oh yes, if I am reading this right - that means it might still be possible! Please consider this time system, it would make both types of players happy, those like me who like to slow it down and observe the daily grind in the one to one ratio, but speed up when necessary, then those who like to let things just “fly” by (no pun intended) will also get their “fix”!

1 Like

Maybe a pop-up screen when you first buy the game asking for time speed? Then you could change it to 4 or 5 set speeds. :slightly_smiling_face: :clock7:

So your point is that it’s too early to tell if it’s a right decision, but you also lost interest in the development? Sounds to me that you’re just contradicting yourself…?

1 Like

LOL yah, I am really confused! No but really, I think that this was a disappointing turn of events to learn from the blog (at least for me); of course I am still going to follow to see what unfolds at release. I suppose what I am thinking is that if there wasn’t an option to “keep it real time” it would lose my interest quickly. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t try it though, Steam has refund option!

I really hope they implement the option where we could keep it real time (as hinted in above post) but still allow faster setting like most of these types of games out there. It would really set this game apart from all the others, plus it just makes sense since it simulates airline schedules that rely on minute by minute operations. And in an added bonus, it’s not hard for the devs to implement and it appeals to users of all time/speed preferences! Just seems like a win/win.

If I am here for anything, it’s to voice concern and hopeful consideration of the devs to address those concerns, but also to congratulate the devs for what appears to be a job VERY well done and cannot wait to try it out! I am spreading the word out to those I know to keep an eye on this one, for sure.

You should livestream a whole year of you doing realtime Airport CEO. Bet you won’t make 2 hours :wink: About 1 flight in the early game

1 Like

Well, if you do a lot of pausing, it can easily reach 2 hours.

IMHO, 12 days seems a bit too short. My suggestion is for 7-days x 4 weeks = one year, which means one seasons last 7 days.

Seems to be a common choice.
Maybe we can open a poll once the game comes out. Poll results may be good input for the devs

Hi guys. I don’t know you guys but I think game time is fast and it should be slower. It should be at least half slower than current setup. What do you think?

• Game time should be faster than current time setup
  • Game time is good with current time setup
  • Game time should be slower than current time setup

0 voters

All of the above

Slower, I guess. Planes take up to 30 minutes to find the gate, and I haven’t even unlocked the full map or variable landing directions. Now I simply plan them by rotating the runway to make them as efficient as possible.

I know many people find it slow enough already but I personally think the current speed with the real time animation kills the immersion for me a bit. I can foresee with all the land unlocked and a busy airport, you’d have an unrealistic amount of runways to cope with the demand because in game they can’t manage more than 6-7 aircraft an hour.

I don’t know if it is a possibility to put the time variable on a sliding scale for the player to determine?

Well, the fact that turnaround time is four hours, is a clear indication of “time” problems. It should be two, which means all tasks should be executed at double the current speed.

Unless, if this is done on purpose by the developer to limit aircraft arrivals and departures until there is serious optimization of the game.

1 Like

Definitely needs to be slower. People are asking for large stands already, but they don’t think about the time aspect. If the game already can’t turnaround a 737 in 4 hours, what will happen with a large stand flight?

I’d say they need to speed up the operations, instead of slowing down time, or maybe even a little of both

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.