Time, years, events

Hi,

player will manage the airport day by day? If yes, one day how it will be long in real time? 1 hr? 30 minutes?

It will be implemented a calendar so we will have seasons and airplane traffic will be based on real events like New Year, Summer, Xmas?

We will have small events (emergency landings, vip priority boarding…) and major event like 7 days of snow blizzards?

PS: I know that already some info were already announced, it’s to try to have a complete idea of the time / events system.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Every time Christmas Rolls around ingame all indoor trees get turned into Christmas and then for Thanksgiving turns all rocks into Turkeys.

The problem with that could be that not all festivals are celebrated around the world. Thanksgiving has absolutely no relevance outwith the USA (and, of course, a separate celebration in Canada). So my new Scottish airport having turkeys running around would be complete nonsense. Even Christmas (widely celebrated, of course) won’t be relevant everywhere. So I do think that, whilst seasonal variation would be great, going too much into festivals could be quite complicated.

Devs speaked about different real world locations… So no Thanksgiving in Europe…

Then… Uh… Uh… VE Day?

Although certain holidays have no relevance outside certain places, passenger numbers can certainly change during holiday seasons. For example at the end of July, beginning of August a lot of people in the western world will be traveling to holiday locations which could show an increase in demand all over the world.

Maybe it can be up to the player to install Christmas trees at the appropriate time, though in terms of adding this as a feature I don’t think it should be a particular priority…

My main interest was about simulating crowded airports, peak of activity, chaos to manage: just imagine an overcrowded terminal during Xmas, passengers overbooked and suddenly start a snow blizzard…

And an aircraft declaring a fuel emergency inbound.
The stuff of ACEO nightmares

1 Like

Hi,

player will manage the airport day by day? If yes, one day how it will be long in real time? 1 hr? 30 minutes?

It will be implemented a calendar so we will have seasons and airplane traffic will be based on real events like New Year, Summer, Xmas?

Very interesting question… could we have an answer?:grin:
Thanks!!

We should have answered a few weeks ago, I guess we missed it. Yes, there will be a day to day cycle. Exactly how long a day will be is not decided. This will be tweaked in testing. Special holidays and such could be implemented but not planned in the initial release. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.