Translate the game?

Well I can offer my help with translating into Slovak language, which is spoken by 5mil people in world and is one of the most difficult ones. There is no way they will do it, but you never know. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If there woud be a open system why not.

1 Like

The 4th and 5th most spoken languages are always ignored. Bleh. :confused:

I can give a hand with Italian, if ever the need arises. :slight_smile:

i can help with spanish translations if necessary. Not latin spanish though, actual spanish.

1 Like

So I thought it’s time to briefly comment on this aspect. We currently have no system in place to support different languages and this is due to the fact that we, when we started out, didn’t think there would be enough interest in the game to have parts of it translated. This obviously have changed but that’s the way it is.

It would probably take about a month with the current work speed to implement a system that would support several languages, i.e. it’s a lot of work. That does not include the translation it self, and if we were to start translating stuff we would probably crowd source it through the system that was linked earlier. That would also mean that it would take some time since it’s up to the community to help out.

To sum up, we’re not looking to implement multi language as of now. It might become a priority at a later stage, but as of the release and onwards we’ll focus on the game and not the languages.

7 Likes

Ans after multi language comes multi cultural… Different date formats, decimal… Fun times

3 Likes

The correct format (dd/mm/yyyy with decimal places instead of commas) had better be default! :wink:

4 Likes

No, MM/DD/YYYY

1 Like

None of those time stamps are relevant any more though… :wink:

1 Like

Let the fight begin!

4 Likes

I can speak English, does that help? :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, yes you got around the date format issue :slight_smile: Now the decimal separator :slight_smile:

1 Like

You better to able to make it MM/DD/YYYY! ::rage:

What about YYYY/MM/DD :smirk:

I think that pisses everybody off equally and therefore is the best solution :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Oh you silly 'Murican you

As @Olof said, it doesn’t really matter anymore since there are only 12 days in a year… Still, I would create a little settings menu in which you can edit this so keep everyone happy (Actually, to keep the Americans happy as the default would probably be DD/MM/YYYY :stuck_out_tongue:)

4 Likes

I guess we’ll have to add a metric to imperial conversion setting. But dates matter no more, so the only date format we support is YY/DD… or maybe DD/YY?

4 Likes

Hindu is a religion :joy::joy: I think you mean hindi