Translate the game?

I think that pisses everybody off equally and therefore is the best solution :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Oh you silly 'Murican you

As @Olof said, it doesn’t really matter anymore since there are only 12 days in a year… Still, I would create a little settings menu in which you can edit this so keep everyone happy (Actually, to keep the Americans happy as the default would probably be DD/MM/YYYY :stuck_out_tongue:)

4 Likes

I guess we’ll have to add a metric to imperial conversion setting. But dates matter no more, so the only date format we support is YY/DD… or maybe DD/YY?

4 Likes

Hindu is a religion :joy::joy: I think you mean hindi

I want the Dwarf Fortress naming:
Granite
Slate
Felsite
Hematite
Malachite
Galena
et…

1 Like

Shoot, I copied directly from the webpage, there must of been an error.

[Long] [Land] the [Aircrafty] [field] of [Internationalness]

Obviously also translated into Dwarven!

1 Like

That would be awesome. Dwarves need vacation too, so why not fly to the mountainhomes?

1 Like

Russia here! I am maybe Translate on Russian?

2 Likes

I only care about driving on the correct side of the road; the right side :grinning:

6 Likes

The wrong side you mean? The correct side is the left side. It’s even safer!

4 Likes

Yes, according to experts and scientists, Left side is more safe for driving as most eyes are right oriented especially in old age people.

Not to forget that it is safer to have your dominant hand on the steering wheel while using the other hand to shift gears, fiddle with the radio, air conditioner, cup of coffee, etc.
And statistically speaking, majority of the people in the world are right handed.

Even the ancient Greek, Egyptians and Romans drove on the left side of the road according to archaeologists. They found deeper trails on the left side on a quarry road, meaning the heavy loaded carts, that were leaving the quarry drove left.

As the game is finally out, I think we come with some way to translate this game now. Localization seems like a big deal for some player.

1 Like

True, but the time investment to make it happen is substantial. It would mean no new features for quite a while…

Alright. Btw is the multi language thing in wiki enabled? Tried to do some translation on wiki, but not sure how to link it

I might be able to do spanish translations… :confused: Dunno if I’m good enough though.

This is the exact help devs need in. They should open up a sign up sheet for anyone who is willing to not only in this area but also many others that need it like adding new things