Two boarding gates

Just created some aircraft stands and connected two boarding gates to them for the larger aircraft (e.g. 757) and to improve boarding times.

Both boarding gates are staffed correctly, but 99% of the passengers seem to board only by using one of the two boarding gates. Is this a bug, something the devs are working on or something that is not supposed to be done?

In this picture boarding desk number two only has a single person, but it still was used but only by a single passenger. I also have examples where I had four agents (so both desks fully staffed), but same result.

1 Like

I seem to remember others trying to do this as well, heck I think I even have. Back then I don’t think it was possible. A search might turn up I seem to think Olof had some input in this.

is yuour second desk set to have 1 or 2 staff? maybe the second desk only opens when all staff are there? Maybe if i get some time i’ll try to make it work for me, but that’s all i can do

2 Likes

Thanks @jasperwillem.

@Olof:Do you want me to send you my savegame? This way you can look if there is any problem. As said, it’s not that no one uses the second desk, some very few pax do. But in my opinion it should be close to 50:50

If airport staff arrives after boarding time already should have started and the ones at one boarding desk arrives before the airport staff at the other desk, almost all passengers go to one desk. Seems the passengers don’t comprehend that another desk opened after the passengers started lining up for the first that opened.

1 Like

it seems the engine has this a lot. The moment a path is assigned to an actor by the engine, it will not divert the moment another “shorter” path is presented to the actor that is already locked on a certain path.

2 Likes

Yes. The same can be seen with security gates. The engine should regularly recalculate the path!

2 Likes

I see this in security gates too They rather que than go to the empty que.

it seems the engine has this a lot. The moment a path is assigned to an actor by the engine, it will not divert the moment another “shorter” path is presented to the actor that is already locked on a certain path.

The same can be seen with security gates

This has both been confirmed by the devs that this is still WIP. For the boarding desks it’s not that interesting at the moment to have more than 1, as personnel indeed comes in late and the PAX path has then already been determined. For security the only solution is to have enough security gates if you have a big airport, otherwise you get massive queues when staff changes at a security desk because all the PAX will concentrate on the one that is open.

Also noticed that if PAX are in the queue for security and the plane has left already, they only leave when the security desk closes or when they are through security. This also causes a lot of delay for PAX that still can catch their flight because the left behind PAX are still in the queue…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.