UI accidently hidden - "esc" not working

Anyhow I’ve managed to hide my UI…

Cannot acces menu by “esc” or even UI overly by “tab” anymore…

Does anyone know default shortkey for hide UI?

And, shouldn’t pressing “esc” for opening menu always work? at the moment I just could kill game via task manager…

Edit: OK, found out, that pressing F4 brings back UI… :sweat_smile:
But first there appeared a white screen, together with menu bar, which I wasn’t able to get rid of.
after several times F4 and “F” / “G” white screen disappeared…

@devs: wasn’t able to reproduce, so a bug report makes sense anyways? And IMHO reaching menu bar by pressing “esc” needs to be a fallback in any situation…

Probably your game got crashed and white screen appeared but then it went to normal. If it happens again please create a new topic :slight_smile:

Issue has been solved. Topic is LOCKED

No, definitely not, as game was running like normal in background… I was able to see game asides the white window… It looked more like a “crashed” flightplanner window, just blank…

@Olof IMHO it is critical, that I was not able to exit this ‘crashed view mode’ with ‘esc’…

How do I reproduce the issue?

I think I was accidentally hitting F4 (hide ui?) and afterwards trying to exit it by hitting any key, one after the other, solo, with ALT and with STRG.
Probably (!) F or G caused it…

Nevertheless, in 'hide-ui-mode" the “esc”-button" must work - or a clickable (exit)-button is needed. IMHO getting back to UI only with one special defined key, nothing else working, is fatal - especially if you haven’t activated autosave and can’t find “the way back to UI”…!

Hit F10, this brings up the debug menu and in there there is an option to hide the UI, select it and it should come back.

Thanks, but in that case not even F10 worked…
The only key, which reacted was F4…

Indeed ƒ4 hides/shows the UI.

1 Like

Yes, F4 toggles on and off the UI. If it’s off, esc won’t do anything.