UI: suggesting additions for flight planner

I found it kind of tedious to do the flight planning (manually) and here are some proposals for making it easier.

Filter

• airlines with offered flights (# of unscheduled flights > 0)
  • airlines/flights operated by planes of certain size (as accepted by the stands)
  • airlines/flights with a (enterable) minimum of payment per flight

nice to have: combine multiple filter criteria with and or or
very nice to have: display the # of matches (of airline resp. flights)

Airline Sorting

• by name (as is)
  • by number of offered / operated / maximum flights
  • by airline satisfaction
  • by highest payment per flight offered by that airline
    Switch sorting highest->lowest and reverse

Move Around
When selecting an airline, a list of flights offered by this airline appears (let’s call this the “airline window”).
In the airline window, add two buttons (< >, see mockup below) to move to next/previous airline (according to active sorting). Currently you have to go back and select the next airline.
When you go back, please let the last visited airline stay active. At the moment, it jumps back to the first airline and you have to scroll down again…

Flights Sorting
In the airline window, also add sorting (and filters as described above) by

• number of re-occurences
  • aircraft size
  • payment per flight
  • flight number
  • might want to add requested services as a filter for services offered/not-offered at the airport.

Do not re-order (as it is currently) after scheduling/deselecting a flight.

(Non-)Matching Stands
If you select (i.e click on) a flight, the not matching stands are downlighted and only the matching stands are clearly visible. I’d like to have then already when I hover for some seconds (should be a customisation parameter) with the mouse over a flight.

Indicating airlines with new offers
When a new flight offer is generated, indicate it on the airline name (e.g. with a green dot).
Remove that indicator is removed when the airline is clicked on and the flights are examined.

Images, references or additional content:

*Edit: I took the liberty to include @dneibig’s idea to highlight airlines with new flights. *

1 Like

A filter would be great for these

This was one of my first posts, when I didn’t know that feature voting was still off.
Now it’s on and I would propose this for your kind considerations.
Vote for it, it’s still up!

Additionally to filtering by just required airplane stand size, I’d see there filter for either exact airplane model, or otherwise range of passengers capacity (min&max) and whether stairs / airbridge is required (but I think that last one would have use only for medium stands, so just airplane model filter might be better).

For sorting I’d also see by the number of passengers.

1 Like

Great suggestion! Just wondering, why I haven’t seen it earlier… :slight_smile:

An option to dismiss flights I do not want to operate would be nice, too…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.