Unofficial ACEO Mod Manager Data

Nevermind. Got it to update it somehow :slightly_smiling_face:

Is it possible for one airport to have multiple IACO codes? I feel like I’ve spent 50% of my time chasing ghost/double airports.

No, that’s not possible. What seems plausible though, is that an old airport serving a city was closed down and a new one opened a few miles further

Well, here’s an interesting example

http://www.aviador.es/Airports/Info/WIKB

Airport Information: BATAM (HANG NADIM) (INDONESIA) (WIKB)
Nearby alternates:
Field HANG NADIM
ICAO WIDD
Dist. 0
TC 203°

And interestingly, the coordinates point to the same field and airport

What you did looks good. Mark it closed, because it could well be an error in the data set.

This is just an epiphany I had, is it possible for a heliport located in an airfield to have a different ICAO code than the airfield itself?

If yes, this could explain why I’m seeing double ICAO codes.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I do believe that it would be the same code.

I think theoretically it would be possible, i don’t know the rules :slight_smile: , but i haven’t seen any evidence for this yet and personally i highly doubt it
If an airport has a helipad, that is just part of the airport.
I have seen other airports that are specifically mentioned as being a heliport (and they are marked as such in the sheet).

What i do notice is that it’s mostly certain countries that have this issue, where there are multiple ICAO codes for seemingly the same location.
Mostly there is 1 code that is used more often and another you can find 1 or 2 references for. I would chalk that up to error in the data set, since it’s very well possible that a person saw that 1 reference, and added the airport to the data set, without due diligence.

Finally, done the first pass on my list, some of the airports have the wrong countries assigned to them. So that’s about 293 sorted, but roughly 1/4 is still empty.

The program (and separately the generated files) can now be downloaded. See the Mod Manager topic Unofficial ACEO Mod Manager for the google drive link

@Ryan you said you were going to add USA airlines how it goes?

I told you, I’ve have a lot of classes and extra programs I’m doing. I can enjoy the game without excessive airline modding. :slight_smile:

P.S. See if you can get someone else to do it.

Looks like that person is me :wink:

Hello,

I would like to participate with adding a few things for Czech / Turkish airports / Airlines having a lot of experiences with those.

Can I add it directly into the sheet or should I put it here?

Please add it to the sheet, that’s the only part that’s maintained :slight_smile:

Hello,

I would like to participate with adding a few things for Czech / Turkish airports / Airlines having a lot of experiences with those.

Can I add it directly into the sheet or should I put it here?

@Alfapiomega All the Turkish airports and airlines are added to the game by myself and I don’t see any missing info. But if you have more info please chare it with us :slight_smile:

So is the mod tool ready @pderuiter ??

my life went a bit different than i expected this week, so the tool is what it is at the moment. I hope i have time very soon to fix it, but at this time you’ll have to work with what’s there.

Most things no longer working for me. Even after I deleted the folders from the game folder the modded businesses show up on my list in the game. I am not sure how to scub them completely from the game short of a fresh install of the entire game. Once the mod is fixed I will install again and give it another go.

USA airlines are added. The only thing missing is USA Freight airlines. Any volunteer?

Also new airline number is 514 but it has a way to 530…