Unofficial ACEO Mod Manager Data

Ladies and gentelment;

Screenshot_2

It is finally done! Annual passenger datas of 14147 airports around the World have been collected. From now on ACEOMM has been stepped 1 more step towards to help AirportCEO to be the ultimate and realistic airport tycoon and management game.

@pderuiter @Olof @Fredrik

4 Likes

Lets all thank EG, since he did the majority of the work!

2 Likes

Fantastic! Big thanks to everyone who helped out. Simply amazing that the community took on this challenge! We look forward to play around with the data and see what route algorithm we can create. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I hope it will help you guys in anyway possible :slight_smile:

Now who is ready for the next challenge: Airline modding?

There are only 522 airlines left. I have no idea who is going to make liveries for all of them. Good luck to them.

1 Like

521* and it is not just about number of airlines but number of airplanes. An airline can have multiple airplanes on its fleet. But still we need a talented artist to make liveries, not me for sure.

1 Like

Possibly have a community based design submission thing (such a good name…).
Those who choose to design the liveries could pm the designs to either yourself, @pderuiter, @Olof or @Fredrik, and you could choose whether the design is accepted or not.
If, in future, a better design is submitted, the original could be replaced…

Just an idea… :slight_smile:

Sure, but remember the numberbof liveries does not equal number of aircraft. The Boeing aircraft can share a livery, as can Airbus. Not sure how the liveries can be reused between other aircraft

1 Like

Even what you said, we still need 512 liveries for each airline. Some of them are easy with only 1 writing and some of them are completely complex designs.

Just picking the 25 biggest/most liked isn’t an option to begin with? Pretty sure almost everyone doesn’t care that much about ~400 that of those 500+ airlines.

Always start small and don’t bite off more than one can chew. :smile:

2 Likes

I made for fun some time ago, its bad but atleast something…

1 Like

Do you know what, if we convert your A320 livery to B737-300 and 757-200 then we would finish 1 airline of 512 :smiley: But 757 needs some repainting.

EDIT 1: Maybe for airline modding, ACEOMM should make a list of airlines’ aircraft fleet. In future, that list can be used by editors to clarify which livery is “on work” “finished” etc…

EDIT2:

Possibly have a community based design submission thing (such a good name…).
Those who choose to design the liveries could pm the designs to either yourself, @pderuiter, @Olof or @Fredrik, and you could choose whether the design is accepted or not.
If, in future, a better design is submitted, the original could be replaced…

I completely disagree what @PigScroll said about it. Fredrik, Olof and any Apoapsis Studios employees have to be out of league on real airline modding. The reason is that it might bring some lawsuits for copyrighted airline material. For modding it is not a problem since arline companies won’t waste time/money to chase us modders but they can chase Apoapsis Studios with 2 charter members which has a brand new office in Business District in Malmö, Sweden.

Do not understand me wrong I am 100% sure developers also want real airlines and their help would be very very useful, but it brings risk. I am also worrying since some users in this community was like “you cannot use airline material that is not allowed according to law I will sue you and report you to authorities” Imagine what would happen if an airline fanatic sees that.

Sure. Olof and Fredrik were just a suggestion. I completely agree with what you are saying - it makes very good sense… :slight_smile:

And yes, I too think we need to put the aircraft of each carrier on the data sheet…hard work, but I would be very willing to help!

1 Like

Trust me collecting airline’s fleet data is WAY easier than collecting 14k airports’ PAX data :slight_smile: Wikipedia already have which airline has which aircraft, even not I am sure we can find from somewhere.

My idea is something like this:

If an airline has that aircraft model, it will be marked by “X”. Yellow means “work-in-progress” and green means “ready”. When every X has a green color on it… let the party begins :sunglasses:

But again… we need some talented editors.

1 Like

And we need to know how the game will handle this information. That does have an impact on

• How the livery is saved. Named layers? Named files in a sub folder?
  • How the livery is linked to the aircraft.
  • How the livery is linked to the airline.

I hope the devs can give us this information soon.
I would propose though that after we get that info we give the devs (and me as ACEOMM programmer) a little while to see if the chosen method actually works out. After that we could go ham.

Being a subscriber to the magazine Airliner World, I may have a list of all the airlines in the world and the types of aircraft they operate, correct as of August… :wink:

1 Like

Here U have a database or this one:wink:
Just enter the name of the airline and Ualready know what type of frame they are using …

2 Likes

A simple reading of the English Wikipedia entries of airlines is much more effective if it’s just about airliner types they fly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, aircraft types are here! :slight_smile:

We’re gonna need all the help we can get right now!

Leave data management to me and @pderuiter. We need photo editors and photoshoppers for this project.

1 Like