Airport CEO Mod Manager Discussion

There is (sorry for my lack of knowledge) i believe, websites where you can host your own websites for free on, no?

Probably, but this is my comfort zone :slight_smile: I develop faster and more efficient this way

3 Likes

It is in fact possible to host front-end only websites on GitHub or GitLab Pages. If needed and possible, I could develop a web version once the JSON files specification is published (of course to support more platforms, not to compete with yours :slight_smile:). My windows computer is completely broken :frowning:

You scared me for a second. I read that as AirportCEO doesn’t have a mac version. phew :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The program is now available. Google drive link in the Topic starter

1 Like

Add a new product is crashing the program for me. I wanted to flesh out a few of the restaurants i will be using.

In the log folder there ahould be a log file. Can you send it? I tested this on 3 machines, but obviously your machine is different :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@pderuiter I think “global” businesses needs to be re-arranged. There are mistakes for example British Airways belongs to England it is not global. Or Emirates… Or “Menzion Aviation” I haven’t heard it.

iirc, there’s a difference between Global, Local, and X region. I kinda forget though, since it seems similar to “Class” or size.

Well yes and no.
The region thing is not for the game, but for the Mod manager :slight_smile:
The game has no knowledge of what region it is in, in relation to businesses.
So all those businesses get split up into regions, so players only install the businesses they are interested in.
Local is a catch all, for all those small shops and businesses that only 1 or 2 players might be interested in, while global should contain any business that truly has a global presence (Show me 1 person who doesn’t know McDonalds…)

The Class Is recognized by the game, and is used to determine when you can use that business and what demands it makes / things it offers

1 Like

I think global and local should be removed. Gobal and Local companies should be added to its country’s folder and actual global countries like “McDonalds” should be added to “United States of America” section.

It doesn’t really matter. The game will release in a matter of hours, then players can group the businesses the way they want anyways :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s another issue, I cannot arrange local and global businesses. I can sort businesses mostly bytheir countries and “local” and “global” are not listed there.

In the sheet? You can’t sort on Region?

1 Like

No I can sort. Now I re-checked that “global” and “local” businesses are actually under regions (Emirates is under UAE etc…) so everything is fine. It just “Global” and “Local” thing on main page under continents confuses user.

light brownish for the fuel suppliers

You can just call that beige :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Brisque to be precies :slight_smile: But i for the life of me couldn’t come up with ‘beige’ anymore :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, i wasnt sure i fit was becauee of that, or you just had never heard of that color :stuck_out_tongue: but tan works to. Jeez, im about to miss my bus…bye!

1 Like

Forgive me if I’m late to the party, but how can I download the mod/files? Is there a link?

On the mod manager topic there is a link

1 Like