Airport CEO Mod Manager Discussion

That just looks SWEET.

Sorry it took so long guys

3 Likes

Just a small suggestion if I may, in that double window you get when you click on the region (say Oceania), would it be at all possible to have the “region” listed in it as well??
Reason for asking is I am thinking of getting rid of all Oceania except for Air New Zealand and Qantas for now and only adding things back in when liveries etc are done for them, but without being able to sort by region trying to remember all the airlines for Oceania to put back in would be a bit of a pain…
(hope you understand what I getting at)

You are supposed to list businesses by country but not by continent I guess. I am sure it can be done since all businesses have continent data

I see what you mean. I updated the program so the mod window businesses can now also be sorted by region.
Get the exe from the drive.

Thanks for your feedback :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello,

Is there a simple instruction to how to install this mod?

There you go:

Hello, when I open my old save or create a new airport the game gets stuck in the Loading screen.

Thank you for putting the Region in the mod window… :grin:

In hindsight there wasn’t really a need for me to ask you to do that, as I have just discovered that the next time you run ACEOMM all the ones I took out are now back in the mod window again. (Going to have to remember to take them out again next time I make a change.)

Just a thought also, in the region listings, is there any chance of maybe having a " * " or something next to the airlines if there is content in them eg: Air New Zealand * if I have a plane in it - this way people could tell at a glance whether or not there was any planes in that airline without having to click on every airline to see…

Sorry, I don’t mean to make extra work for you…

Is there video instruction? For some reason I don’t really understand that instruction very clearly.

I am planning to do a video tutorial but I don’t know when or how I will do it.

Hmmm…can anyone help?
I’ve probably done so many things wrong without realizing; I am that kind of person…

Anyway, here I have my ACEOMM files, but the .exe will not open…

It just comes up with the blue circle “loading” icon next to the mouse, then does nothing…
It’s the same when I run it as administrator…

Any ideas? :slight_smile:

Yes I guess these are not the actual files of ACEOMM. Try to download ACEOMM.7zip (one with 45MB or something) and re-try.

1 Like

Didn’t do anything… :confused:

I know my computer can run .exe files - I tested another - and I re-dowloaded all of the files in the ACEOMM Google Drive…

Maybe @pderuiter could help here?

If not, I’ll have to add them all manually… :wink:

Did you unzip Aceomm.7z? It contains the exe and the data folder. :slight_smile:

Hmm sorry looks my brain stopped working today after thinking about some new ideas for Airport CEO.
I downloaded and unzipped the Aceomm.7z. Now if I want to have the data files from Eu/NA/SA/Asia etc do I need to downlaod those data one by one or they are all in that one Aceomm.7z ?

Oh - unzip it…I am an idiot…
Thank you! :slight_smile:

I’ve never come across a .7z file; I didn’t know it was a compressed file that could be extracted… :slight_smile:

The zip contains the program and all the data.
To use it in aceo you install the appropriate region from the program. (Click the region, then the button with the arrow pointing down into a tray)

An alternative is to download the Datafiles_europe zip. That contains the actual game files. You will have to place them manually in the correct game folder.

[SOLVED] BUG REPORT scroll to bottom

+1 to this post. I have tried installing the region through the exe file and also tried manually placing the region zip files from google. No contracts coming through at all.

I tried changing use defaults to TRUE, but still no contracts.

Then, I removed the region folders and it all started working again. Maybe it’s having a tough time with something in the file structure?

This is true for both a saved game and a new game.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Matt

Edit: I installed ACEO from Steam yesterday… might be a version issue?

Edit2: On a new game, I am now getting construction contracts, but I get to the point of needing a fuel contract and there are no contract offers

[SOLVED]
There are multiple factors at work here (one of which is a bug):

1. I did not see a fuel offer because none of the North American fuel companies are of “businessClass” 2. They are all 3 or higher. Changing one of them to ‘2’ allowed me to get a fuel contract.

2. There are no North American airlines that have light aircraft. So, when I was testing with only a light stand nothing appeared. Changing the JSON of one of the airlines to include a Cessna 208 helped me to see an airline contract (Sorry Air Canada Rouge, but you now fly Cessnas!)

3. MOST IMPORTANT - the json files as they appear today contain the word “Fleet” but that is incorrect. The word should be “fleet” with a lower case ‘F’. Otherwise the json doesn’t parse correctly!

[SOLVED]

Thank you for the information.

Explain. I downloaded the files “ACEOMM.7z”, DataFiles_Europe.7z and so on. What to do with them? Where to unpack? In the folder with the game (in the folder Airport CEO_Data) or anywhere?
Would write an instruction: what to download? Where to unpack? Where to click to install (for example, Airline) in the game? In the program, no button has a name. How should I guess what they mean?