Unusual Temperature Readings in Aus airport

First of all, sorry if this post is in the wrong section. I have only just joined the forms.

Ok, not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I was looking at the weather reports, I noticed some interesting temperature readings. My airport is located near the city of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I’m not sure if this was done intentionally by the developers (playing on the stereotyped idea that all of Australia is ridiculously hot) or this a bug in the game. Having lived in Brisbane all my life, there have been very rare occasions where the temperature has reached 40 degrees, and never has it reached 50 degrees. I’m also not sure if these kinds of temperatures are seen throughout Aus or just in certain areas.

One final note, the wind speeds i feel are also a bit unrealistic.

In Australia, everything tries to kill you, even the weather! :smile: But on a serious note, that does seem weird… I’ll create an airport in the same area, and I’ll see if I can reproduce this. If I can, then it’s likely to be either intentional, or a bug. If I can’t reproduce it, it is probably just randomly generated, and has no base in the location.

I would call this a bug for the most part. I have made airports Ann Arbor, MI, Toledo, OH, and Daytona, FL (all in the US). At all of them the weather gets crazy like that. The winds speeds are typically so high that in reality aircraft would not be able to take-off or land due to them. The temperatures are also typically so high that take-off may not be possible in a realistic sense.

The visuals of the weather also don’t make sense. During “winter” I will still see snow at my Daytona airport in the game (it has never snowed there). The forecast given also doesn’t seem to correlate with seasonal changes.

If I had to guess the system for weather is just a rough first pass implementation and the Devs plan on improving it in the future… Once more pressing fixes and features are taken care of.

To be totally honest it’s actually more Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide that hit around the 40 degree mark more regularly (I’m from Melbourne) (during Summer obviously). Whereas Brisbane’s weather patterns are much more in line with tropical weather.

However, I don’t think region specific weather has been implemented since it still snows in winter in the game, in Australia :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like