Usage of Baggage Trucks

Hello everyone,
I have seen a lot of marvelous airports around here which use just one central space for all their loading bays and that surprised me. Because in my airports, usually delays happen because of the baggage not being loaded on time, partly due to the long ways the baggage trucks had to take between the stand and the loading bay. I solved this problem for myself by allocating several loading bays across the airport near the stands, but it seems to work out for the other CEOs with their central loading bays. Maybe it would help having two baggage trucks for each stand, so that one collects the arriving luggage from the plane and one simultaneously picking up the departing luggage from the landing bay? I couldn’t find out myself, so I turn to the wisdom of yours.

Thanks for any help in advance :slight_smile:

With future updates you can assign vehicles to specific stands. Also belt truck is on its way :wink:

2 Likes

I know, but I still would like to know if two trucks are being used at the same time or if it is just possible that Truck 1 first has to fully unload incoming baggage at the bay before Truck 2 f.e. can start collecting the outgoing baggage :slight_smile:

2 trucks work separately. 1 for unload an second for load.

That happens in my airport as long as you have sufficient baggage trucks!

Ok thank you very much.

Nice to know, thanks a lot!

And you can also try to allocate more ramp agents to your cargo bays. I normally allocate four ramp agents per bay.

It’s also possible to assign trucks to vehicle depots to keep them closer to the stands and bagage bay that are connected. It doesn’t directly prevent that trucks still drive a long run to another stand/bagage depot, but at least it cuts out some time in general.

1 Like

also important to note: if you use more stands per baggage bay, also make sure to increase the number of ramp agents working on that baggage bay (click on it to increase the number).

This will hopefully also help with loading bags on the trucks faster

1 Like

@Olof
Would it be possible to set a restriction for baggage trains (tractor + dollies) that have baggage loaded to not leave the airside roads? Yesterday I realized that the tractors look for the shortest path and left the airside „clean“ area and took a short-cut via a public road.

I think that when we already have luggage scanner (which I like a lot), it should also be made sure, that the clean luggage is not leaving the clean zone anymore.

Nothing too urgent, but in my opinion something that should be fixed for sake of consistency.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.