Use of baggage scanners

I don’t see this is a bug, just a missing feature which will be implemented before release.

11 Likes

I don’t see this is a bug, just a missing feature which will be implemented before release.

Ohh, sweet :slight_smile:

I know Frederik has already replied, but what’s your reasoning for it being such an urgent “must-be-fixed” bug and why do you think that it must be done with minimal coding? Surely you use the amount of coding necessary?

I know Frederik has already replied, but what’s your reasoning for it being such an urgent “must-be-fixed” bug and why do you think that it must be done with minimal coding? Surely you use the amount of coding necessary?

After a point baggage system will occlude itself because there is nowhere that rejected baggages go. As you can see in third gameplay video a problem in baggage system can cause delays easily.

It has to be fixed with minimal coding because even a little change in coding or game’s itself needs hundreds of hours of testing which delays relrease. ACEO coding is so hard and intense that a simple code change in something can cause a bug on cıompletely different thing.

1 Like

@Fredrik i was wondering if they should be searched by a human first (ground crew, airport security,& police depending what scanner it triggers) before they secure and destroy so if the scans were faulty they could bring it over to the drop off and also what about legal checked weapons?

1 Like

Maybe there should be airline ‘confidence’ in the safety of your airport. I agree that some kind of recurring inspection audit should be implemented into the game. If you have the most basic scanners than you can only accept the most basic airlines. The larger airlines require higher baggage security clearances.

It’s not uncommon for passengers to be hailed over the intercom in the airport and told to report to the check in desks, a lot of the time this is because something suspicious has been found or seemingly found in their bag.

1 Like

Even with the recent baggage belt construction overhaul, I feel that this question still remains un answered.
This is a snap shot of the baggage scanning area from the 2nd gameplay video.

(1:59)
At the end of the scanning process, we see a manual bag checking station (indicated by the red graphic showing staff requirement).

I guess the long run implementation of baggage scanning would tie into the Events feature.
Finding Forbidden items on a passenger bag would lead to detaining the passenger, interrogation, arrest, etc.
Letting a bag with Forbidden items through and on to the plane may result in trouble on board if passenger has weapons or crash if hazardous materials, etc.

However, my short term solution is as follows:
For every bag found with Forbidden items (for check in bag at manual station or carry on at security check), the bag is destroyed (deleted from the simulation), and you get a bonus (money added) for successfully finding said item.
If an item is missed and it is allowed on the plane, you get a penalty (money deducted) when the flight takes off, and if airline ratings is already implemented, then your airline rating drops a little.

This will result in a direct incentive for having better and more stringent security (more expensive, so you need something like bonus to offset the costs), where as if you run a cheaper security, the process may be faster, but may result in greater penalties over time.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.