Very dark outside terminal during night

I had a look again at the Gameplay Video part 3 and for me it looks like outside the terminal is too dark during the night. I know it’s quire dark during winter here in Sweden, but there should then be some lights outside the terminal lightening up the side walks, the roads etc. and the vehicles could have stronger lights as well. The airplane stand are nicely lighted up. :slightly_smiling_face:

BR,
Samuel

Here is your answer :slight_smile: Outdoor/Street Lighting - #4 by Olof

2 Likes

Since they said lighting is fps intensive, my airport is going to be quite dark. My rig is older and i want a larger airport, 20 gates minimum.

Tried to search for this topic but couldn’t find it. Good that it is already a plan for it. :slight_smile:

There are some functions in unity that allow you to “bake” lighting onto a texture providing a sort of lighting with lower cpu work. Not sure where or if @Olof or @Fredrik can use that function for the game or if I am even understanding that function correctly.

From what I’ve seen, that function doesnt looks as nice as the cpu intensive dynamic lighting that unity can do.

1 Like

You are not wrong, there are many ways to lower light shader impact on CPU/GPU and we haven’t had the time to explore them all but lighting will always be expensive in terms of performance.

2 Likes

Yeah, learning the functions of Unity can be an adventure. Lol. I was toying around with it before and couldn’t find the time to keep working with it. I’m sure some balance will be found or options for “better” computers to opt in for stronger lighting. I’d deffinatly vote for better simulation of the airport though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I agree with the darkness, also with the flash light.

It should be an option all together if you ask me, to turn on off night all togheter.

Or make the flashlight brightness adjustable in size and brightness?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.