Very hard LAG how to solve?

well at first this game was running smooth on my
8 Core 16 thread 16 GB pc. with a 1060GTX 6 GB Nvidia video Card

but after opening the first expansion ground it started to have some small fps ticks.
after a while more and more of these lag spikes occuered and now i opened the second expension and the lag is such big that the fps is lowering to 0-5 every second with normal speed enabled no construction going on and no contractors working

even worse as soon as i open f10 to see if i can reset the pathing for the planes (because of the lag they get stuck) the whole game freezes
i tried windowed mode and fast speed setting but both result in the same as before.

this game is unplayable if you purchase the first expansion
and not playable if you buy the second one.

i am out of ideas how to fix this.
anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Can you share a few screens of the airport? How many passengers do you have?

sure i had to pause the game but it gives a overview its not that big compared to many others

its possible the page contains some other games too the latest screenshots are from this game as i only have 1 airport

And all those screens are of the same airport? How many passengers do you have?

In general, I would recommend you to have lamps turned off during the day, light is costly in terms of performance and running them 24/7 will probably impact your FPS over time.

If it’s any help Olof, I still rock the old map size, (as well as the new) and unlocked all of the regions in-game (no modding json files) and while not full developed, one is heavily used and the game runs more smoothly than ever now. :yum:

I should quantify as well, 16 stands, most with five flights a day from them, night flights running and around 2k PAX.

On the subject of unlocking, have you thought about a tiered price structure. Say 500K, 750K then 1M?

i have around the 400 passengers and around 200 staff
i will try the light option

i have added 3 screenshots showcasing the passenger and staff amount and such
and for the light issue its off on 6 o clock and on on 7 pm

Could you send us the save file? I suspect it could be something behind the hood. It doesn’t seem right.

Instructions can be found here:
https://apoapsisstudios.atlassian.net/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

Thanks

1 Like

i made the bugreport

I see the issue, your contractors are locked out on the top right part of the world. There is a glitch causing the them to continue to request paths which probably drains your performance. The solution is to pause the game and remove some of the fencing near them so that they can come free. You can go into debug panel (F10) to disable construction temporarily while removing the fence. Let me know if it works.

Edit: You should also check your zoning in your staff room and nearby bathroom as there is no way for your employees to reach it as it is in non-secure in a secure area. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

that worked soo goood! thanks for the help !
its lag free now (unless i zoom out then it goes to a bout 10-15 but still runnable!)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.