ATR42

Small:
DHC6
1900D

5 Likes

here is the workshop link:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1921520399

1 Like

Very different most certainly. You have worked hard.

Try add some shading to it. The planes are black, but there should be some shading, perhaps look at this (painful) example:

See how you can see the curve as the black goes lighter to the bottom, almost shining.

what program do you use to do the mods? There is a little technique that i use, primitive to what guys like @dawed or @Rubble use to add the shadding. I use gimp, they use photoshop.

For example:

compared to

adding shading turns it from a flat object and rounds it. These are very quick models, but attempts to show you the principle. Hope it helps. Similar principle applies to anything that is round or roundish.

I am currently updating a Cargo plane mod i made about a year ago, and realized all my models then were similarly “flat”, so they need a major update!

4 Likes

Just as addition to what @Spokkel said, in the Gimp template files i have sended you, there is gradient sahding ready as seperated layers… play there with opacity and those stuff to get those roundish look

1 Like

Ok I will thanks guys!

1 Like

Also I use gimp

1 Like

This is what I do - either use the mods files that was sent to you. They work well when you have light backgrounds and can use the black shading with low opacity (double click on the layer and set the opacity to about 20 or 30%.)

With a black plane like you have there, black shading wont work - so:

• You can either make your plane a dark grey, and then have the the shade at a darker opacity:

Or, you can create your own opacity to cause an inverse affect: This is how i do it, its not as refined as the others, but it gets it done.

• Duplicate the base layer (right click on the layer and select duplicate

• Fill base layer black

• Select the copied layer

• Using the fuzzy select tool (looks like a magic wand) Select the object in the layer - not the full layer

• delete everything (press delete button)

• select the gradient tool and fill the selection with the gradient style on Shape:Spherical

Now, i tried it with a white, and then messed with the opacity as i mentioned earlier and got this:

• remember to turn off the other gradients

At layer 30% opacity, this is what i get.

Then you plug it into the game and see what it looks like, and play around with shades of grey rather than the white, different opacity levels and even making the black less black to get better representation of the colour you want.

Anyway, you may know all of this, but i had friends that help me alot when i started, and still do.

Enjoy

2 Likes

Thanks I will try it out!

1 Like

So in gimp how do you create a moon/crescent/half circle shape?

1 Like

Update: I plan to work on it again later today

1 Like

new livery in the works!

2 Likes

ok, i agree

1 Like

to what?

1 Like

ok new mod up and running! VOID AIRWAYS CITY HOPPER
Medium: Q400

Small: DHC6 and 1900D

3 Likes

link: Steam Workshop::VOID AIRWAYS CITY HOPPER

1 Like

@Void nice one! I love how the Q400 has two diffrent shades of red. looks sick. :star_struck: :star_struck: :smiley: :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

VOID AIRWAYS NEXT GENERATION LIVERY now up and runing

This mod contains VOID AIRWAYS new next generation livery. Large planes: 777-300 777-200 787-9 Medium planes: 737-800 E190 CRJ700

2 Likes

here is the link

1 Like

Have it in my airport already. It looks amazing! I love the reds and blacks!

Long time no see! When the mdks for the 767 and SAB340 are released, along with some of the other new aircraft added like the Q300 mdks are released, I plan on giving VOID AIRWAYS a major major overhaul, so stay tuned

1 Like