Walkthrough/tutorial creating separated security zones

Hi all,

I have tried to do this on my exisiting terminal, even seperating the building and building a new test stand, security and exit point.

The security is still looking up to the old gates etc. if anybody can help?

You will need to do a save and reload for the separate zones to be registered. It’s a known bug.

1 Like

As @Rubble says, but could be that a S&R doesn’t work then you have to delete the security station(s) and try again. Also keep in mind that if you removed a stand that the ‘old’ security zone still exists, also a known bug.

1 Like

Lets add (again), that all objects that you delete, that have a secure zone associated with them, will keep the zoning; even Terminal Blocks.

Did you try to disable and then re-enable security stations?

This worked thank you

3 Likes

Tried this out today. But unfortunately, I still can’t get it to work.
This is how I tried building:

1. Built all aircraft stands and corresponding terminal buildings.
  2. Secure Area on left concourse.
    A. Zoned the left concourse as secure.
    B. Placed checkpoints are secure exit.
    C. Placed boarding desks in secure area and assigned them to stands.
  3. Secure Area on right concourse.
    Repeated the above in the exact same order.

The two zones are completely separate, but still checkpoints on the left concourse connect to stands on the right concourse and vice-versa.

What am I doing wrong here??

What about your ground floor? Also non-jetway stand with 1st floor access?

There are no secure zones in the ground floor.

Don’t quite understand what you’re trying to ask me. :thinking:

Don’t quite understand what you’re trying to ask me. :thinking:

You are on first floor. There are boarding desks on first floor but stand doesn’t have jetway. So how boarding will happen?

I was going to build the jetways after this. :smile:

@Olof shouldn’t the security checkpoints be disconnected due to the lack of a jetbridge here?

Did you already do a save and reload?

You don’t have baggage handling, yet?

Yes. I did. Didn’t help :confused:

Not as of now. I just began building this airport.

Hmm… Looks like a bug, for me. But I’ve never tried it without jetbridges…

Maybe, it’s because I stopped building here. Obviously, the next step is to upgrade the stands with jetways. So, if I skip that and start operating flights, I might get an error/ notification about passengers not being able to board/de-board.

If this is a bug, to fix this, maybe jetways could automatically be built if i connect a stand with a boarding desk on the 1st floor. How does this sound??

EDIT: Adding savefiles.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1J3TzKcb88-Dn6E0Ri0wR_eRkQARxYpmg

EDIT: Adding savefiles.

Alright I checked your save file and I got to say that something is definitely not right. I can activate a medium stand without ATCT or even runway. I can open and close a stand with no requirements enabled.

Report the save game to developers and hope a fix from them

Such a thing shouldn’t even be able to happen;

Wait. It says security checkpoint connection missing. Is it because there are not jetways?

Well, the game only checks for a valid taxiway connection to open and close the stand. :thinking:

Bug Report Submitted: ACEO-15980