We can jump into the tower

I was on youtube the other night and a video popped up about Tower3d. This person was using voice commands using real life airports simulating a Airport Tower. The plane pilot was asking permission to land, permission to take off at runway xx, taxiway, cross runway etc and I was wondering if this could be added (not Tower3d) but something embedded within the game which could also serve as a way to gauge our Airport operations. Is our airport too busy? Are our taxiways too short? Is our airport too popular and we must expand and/or tweak things? Why so many delays? Do we need more airport personnel? For those who think this is too much ( I think it adds to the realism both business simulation and simulation in general as well as believe in ownership of our creation) perhaps in the options menu this part could be turned off and we just get generic messages saying our taxiways are too short…too many delays…

1 Like

To be quite honest in think the game already provides more than enough visual and data based detail for you to make those assessments (and there will be more added as development rolls on). Since every agent and flight etc. Is simulated in real time, you’ll be able to see if your terminal is congested, or if there is not enough apron or taxiway space, you’ll see. You can watch turnarounds for flights to see if you need more personnel, vehicles etc.

So I’m not really sure how what you’re suggested improves upon that? Unless of course I’ve totally misunderstood in which case it would be great if you could clarify for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had a dream… Where you could import the save game of the one into the other…

6 Likes

just thinking of an added layer of micro-management possibly from another perspective- the ATC. Jump onto youtube and type in tower3d…that’s where I got the idea. It’s not mine or anyone I know—video. No affiliation what-so-ever.*

Devs said this game is “airport tycoon and management game” not an “air traffic control game” which I agree with it. There are plenty of ATC games on internet.

On the other hand I have an idea. When player zooms into tower; he will hear ATC conversations. Think it as ambience sound from ATC tower which has NO relation with game’s itself. Just something like this would be enough:

2 Likes

Good idea.
Here is the response of the developers to a similar question :slight_smile:

Well that response is from 9 months before so it is not harmful if community reconsider the idea. :slight_smile:

Not looking it to be a ATC game. Was just an idea to add micromanagement to another level.

Certainly. But why waste the discussion and good comments from back then? :slight_smile:
I wasn’t merging the topic, merely showing you the place where your idea could be combined with what has already been suggested:)

@EG0611 “On the other hand I have an idea. When player zooms into tower; he will hear ATC conversations. Think it as ambience sound from ATC tower which has NO relation with game’s itself. Just something like this would be enough:”

That is exactly what I suggested in another thread. There was an airport management game years ago that had that exact feature and it was “fun” that’s it. Great suggestion!

1 Like

Do you mean the actual visual aspect of it? Since the game is 2D I don’t see that being very feasible.

Or did you mean the interface? In which case I agree that would be kind of cool and another level of information, but nothing exceptionally game changing in terms of more information?

Yepp, interface.

Airport Tycoon FTW lol

1 Like

I think it would give a cheap feel to the game (if you don’t know that’s not good)

In Airport Tycoon from years ago (thanks @JoninKDEN) the tower was the only 3D view of the game. The rest was 2D.

For ACEO the focus is on getting a playable 2D game out. It was only a future suggestion based on my experience with Airport Tycoon.

If you mean the original airport tycoon/airport Inc. then it was definitely fully 3d, albeit low quality. I own it and I remember it being 3d in every view, not just tower.

If you mean a different game though my apologies!

EDIT: googled and the original is definitely in 3d. If you Google airport tycoon, they’re the pictures that have the old style black pager in the bottom left corner.

1 Like

I really enjoyed the ambient ATC audio from that game. Whether it be from inside the tower or when a plane was landing or departing, or just randomly throughout the game play. I think ATC chatter period would be great (WITHIN REASON) As @EG0611 has suggested.

3 Likes

@JoninKDEN @daniel Worst case scenario I can put my iPad with https://www.liveatc.net/ beside me and listen to ATC chatter while I build my dream airport :smiley:

1 Like

@Otter actually Fredrik already answered it via Discord :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Duh… Please don’t suggest this feature… It takes away the major focus of game i.e. Management.

And it would require much 3d work. And it’s pretty useless. No working feature. It’s not needed in a game that has many other things to offer in 2d itself.