Welcome to CPH - My big airport with many floors

Welcome to a fictional Copenhagen Airport (CPH)

Hello my name is Henrik. I spent so much time on this.
Now i need the approval of the inspection team, and saftey checks to be done!
So i need your help, to check if i missed something.
I went with Copenhagen Airport becuse the names make the most sense, and it’s a big airport.

STATS:
Copenhagen Airport
Airport Code: CPH
RUNWAYS 2, @ 1000m
Terminals: 3
GATES: 38
Small stands: NO
GA: NO
CHECK-IN DESKS: 76
EMPLYEES: 7 - All Boardmembers

So please check the pics. Tell if i missed something.
Or if should change something? Why?
If you want more pics of something specific just let me know.
Comment or ask anything you like.
Give me tips and stuff.

Everything should be finsihed.
Everything should be connected.
Everything Operational I.E rooms, gates, parkings, depos and so on. All that have been renamed to fit the airport and easy to locate.
Checked all the boxes at every room.

I have a few questions.

1. I can not change the direction of the escalators. I assume this is something that just needs patching and not me missing something. When i right click nothing happens.

2. How should i name the gates. There is many options.
    One. I can go for a few number of gates. And have many letters.
    I.E A 1-4. B 1-4, C,D,E,G 1-4
    Two. I can have Frewer Letters and higher numbers.
    I.E A 1-15, B 1-15, C,D,1-4
    If you have a new way or another idea, please tell me.

3. The connection between the main terminal and the Island (Terminal 3) is a tunnel atm.
    Should it be a tunnel or sky bridge? And why?

4. When placing a stand. it removes two tiles of wall on the 0 floor. So i then uprgaded with Jetway, so it connected to floor 1.
    The holes in the wall on floor 0 was still there after i upgraded with Jetway. So i went ahead and filled thoose gaps in with wall.
    It did not affect the 1’floor where the gate actually is attached.
    Does anyone know why it removes two tiles of wall when you place the stand, and why they are still there after upgrading to Jetway.
    Or is this just something that’s needs patching?

Future development planned for.
De-Icing will come south of the RWY.
Catring and Cleaning will have space.
I did not place small stands becuse i don’t see the use for them in this layout. You can easely implement this yourself if you want. Or when we get more space.
I would like 4 remote stands, but i don’t have the space atm. Can you find space? Or i will implement it when we get more space.

I will put this on the workshop after i got the feedback and when i fell done.
They need to fix the escaltors before i put it up i think.
And there i will aslo add a description how to play with minimun delays.
There is a layout plan.

Thank you for reading/responding.
/Henrik - Sweden

5 Likes

Looks really awesome. I actually have a “pretty close” recreate of OSL. NGO is my next (I love a nicely structured T-shaped concourse).

If you’re open to suggestions (feel free to ignore as well!):

• Two boarding desk per gate will definitely come in handy once the airport is in full swing
  • Just curious why you sometimes have 2 service tunnels (to transfer between floors) right next to each other? If it is for aesthetics, and hopes that one will be one-way and the other the other way, it doesn’t work like this, and you may get vehicle congestion.

Otherwise I would love to see a time lapse after it opens or see it in full swing. Awesome job!

1 Like

I might upgrade to two desks later. Have never tried having that with just medium aircraft. I had an identical airport in version 30. But i see your point, they do loose a lot of time taxing around.

That was my fault, i didn’t read that one goes both up and down. I just saw the Title saying “Down” Haha.
I will change that and also found a few other problems with my test run that i have fixed.
One was with the baggage in check in.

@parillos Would love to play OSL, your building Gardemoen?

1 Like

I solved the problem with why it keeps the opening on floor 0, after upgrading a stand with jetway. It’s designed so the ramp agents can go out to the stand.

Yes, it is Gardermoen, with what I can find online. I have never been to the airport; so I cannot say it is a true recreate.

Updated the airport.
Fixed the baggage in Check in, that could not reach its destination.
Fixed block entrance to the gates for ramp agents.
Fixed faulty taxi nodes.
Deleted excess tunnels.

Great airport! :smiley::+1:t2:

Thank you :slight_smile:

Updated the Airport.
Fixed some baggage belt issues.
Built sky bridge to T3, and also fixed the shop and Lounge adjustment to the bridge.

1 Like

Updated the airport. Put doors for staff to enter to the stands, Basically filled all the gaps on the 0 floor. Now waiting for the next update to implement De icing, catering and cleaning.
Will also rebuild so i have some remote stands, and a small terminal for some small commercial planes.

I also still need help how to upload this? I did try pressing the workshop button next to the save game, but nothing happens, and nothing happend later, i do imagine it will take time to upload, but not a week so i guess nothing happend when i press that button?.

1 Like

So Big update.
Added all turnaround services.
Added 4 Remote stands.

Changed
All roads and taxiways to concrete for a more vibrant look. And so everything matches.
All gates to the color blue for that CPH airport look and feel.

Fixed
Board Room, seize was faulty.
Fixed missing PAPI lights.

And finally built the last check-in desk for the remote stands.