Wellington International

Nice to see a full line up of ANZ again. Been a while…

To get enough aircraft to fill six stands over 24 hours over each day and simulate my own hub for ANZ I have three very subtle ANZ contracts taken out. Still need more in reality. Given I’ve made my ANZ livery, I now know what I need to alter to make each one show up and kinda work. Give me it as a hub with quadruple flights please @olof

Could the contract system be updated to allow for hub airlines whereby so many gates are only available to a certain airline (gate coding could be used? X No of gates given a airline times number of available flights?) with an increase in the nº of flights available for that airline? That should not be so complicated coding wise?

1 Like

Ot oh, looks like Oceanic have gotten their hands on some 757’s @Jettuh We’re “Lost” for sure. :rofl:

4 Likes

Hmmmmm, Wellington International seems a little lacking… Let the renovations commence…

Gate seating is normally a prerequisite. However during the rebuilding it took a back seat (ha no pun intended) was fascinating watching the PAX gather around their gates.

1 Like

Sooooo, as many as you might know I’ve been experimenting with larger aircraft. I think I have finally figured out spacing I need to accommodate them.

This is a new build with right now a single pier of stands. The south of which is to accommodate large aircraft. The northern side is basic mid stands with suitable taxiway for when I build to the north more medium stands on a new terminal arm.

Right now, the check in area need relocating and enlarging but to do that, I need to unlock the right hand area.

1 Like

Soooooo, latest build update. A new version based on previous iterations. Wellington now has four large gates on the south side of concourse A. The north side of A will have five medium stands. Once they are completed the plan is to build concourse B with another five internal stand and more large stand to the North as well as purchasing the other land areas.

This is an in-game image I will say though. Take a look at the space you’ll need for large planes, I have 777-300’s and they are quite a bit larger than the 777-200’s you see here. It has had a little PS work, but no where nearly as much as you’d think.

3 Likes

Sooo, I’ve spent the money on moving everything north a few blocks… I thought it would be about three mill to do so. Ha. I’ve spent more than that and only got four stands re-allocated built.

Bare in mind this is the old larger map size, this is built to handle large aircraft (yes I sudo (root) have them) and the space they need too, A LOT. I’ve now rebuilt with taxiway A and B for the south runway. I need to save money now to build the next four stands. With everything built to this scale, small aircraft actually look small unlike they used to look large on previous builds.

Oh, yeah, there are two 747s parked alongside two 777-200s.

1 Like

Look at runway length and 747 length :smiley: Before 747 reaches V1 (or lets say V0.1 :stuck_out_tongue: ) runway ends

When I’ve got the money I’ll be unlocking that parcel of land to the right. Runway is over 900m at the moment. It needs to be wider as well. Hence all the space left around it. But yeah. Totally agree.

1 Like

Well, the current runway is labelled as a “small” runway, so I wonder when we’ll get a “large” runway. Maybe when A330s are implemented?

able the A330 is launched with the medium runway and the heavy stand

They are BIG indeed! Do you have those big birds flying in actually, or are they PS-ed in the picture?

Also looks like you don’t really use the contractors to build the place :thinking:

Are PAX only coming in through the subways? Wasn’t aware that was an option, must try that out :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah these are flying in game. But that image has had a little PS work done on it.

Yeah. Subways only.

1 Like

Looking like an ANZ hub too me :grin:

1 Like

Hub Status update. Woot.

Hubs are possible, but you need to know how to fiddle the contracts.

3 Likes

how are you doing that with the contracts

Just the same as you would any livery via the MDK.

Why do you spawn mostly small plane flights. With only medium stands?

These are mainly A320, B737-600 and B737-800s. The Mount Cook and Air Nelson are the only ones that fly the ATR72 and Q400 (this is the Widero mod) not the game version alas :frowning: Be released please. These are medium flights all of them. My work-around to get my livery variations since that got bugged a few builds ago as planes didn’t spawn random liveries right now. IE Each different livery is its own contract. Also allows me to have lots of ANZ flights which a hub would have. :slight_smile:

EDIT Do’h! I get you question now. New build. Not altered the sliders.

How much I’ve missed seeing my alt liveries. Since the random selection officially stoped working a while ago due to performance issues and I’ve missed seeing them so much, I developed my own workaround to get them into my airport again :slight_smile: Woot. I can queue them up as and when I require. :smile:

3 Likes