What about creating a virtual world?

The game is in developing stage…so this idea may be too complex but still it’s interesting.
What if the game could simulate economy of the world and events like calamities, the city could host the Olympics, various other fairs, which would result in passenger fluctuations. And also the city could grow at a constant rate so will the need to expand our airport. Calamities would reduce the passenger count and test us??
Terrorist attack on airports, hijacking incidents, and also VIP events or emergency.
A virtual world would make the game flexible as the parameters would decided before starting the game.
But yes… Any flaw in the virtual engine would degrade the game. So this idea may suite when the airport simulation becomes ready. But is this a good idea??

1 Like

This doesn’t have to be complicated, Just a bunch of triggers (Text, date, chance). It could start with just some flavor (like i.e. the olympics). Later on there could be consequences (increased / decreased aircraft flow, airport requirements, etc)

But the virtual world should not be simple or else the players will get bored after sometime. It should be adaptable…like it should figure out problems in the security setup of the airport and use the data for terrorist attack. The hijacking cases can be made interesting by taking inspiration from real incidents like Indian Airlines Flight 814…where it landed on many airports. It’s up to the airport manager to decide whether to give the demands of terrorist or initiate a counter terrorist operation. The points u mentioned were quite simple to implement but the virtual world should be made in such a way that there should more than 1 solution to a problem and rarely any problem should be repeated. Events will be easy to implement but incidents can be implemented in such a complex way that there would be hundreds of permutations and combinations of solutions

Sure, in a year or so :slight_smile:

I agree that a virtual world should be more than what i described. But making it takes a lot of time and you have to start somewhere :smiley:

The whole point of starting simple is that you get added benefit for minimal cost.
And even with this simple system you can get a lot out of it. You can’t have events every 2 minutes, that gets annoying real fast :slight_smile:
I can imagine it starting as adding some flavor to the game, and later evolving in actually demanding action from the player.

And an aside about your idea of the hijacking… i doubt an airport manager gets to make that call. It would be interesting to see how you handle the consequences though… At the least you lose autonomy over part of your airport, maybe even a whole runway.

1 Like

I don’t think having terrorist / hijacking events is really something they should focus on, it’s not that the idea is bad it’s just that those events are incredibly rare and I can’t see a good way of implementing them in a way which will effect the airport while improving game play. That said I think having actual world events effecting traffic flow (eg. Olympics, world cup, festivals) would really improve game play in the late game especially if you had a calendar system to know when these events are going to happen. This could also be expanded to effect things like the proportion of domestic and international traffic and the level of security required.

Lets not go too deep into 1 specific event (but as an aside, i did mention how it could affect your airport) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.