What airport is your favourite airport?

Vienna Airport, VIE, LOWW, new and modern terminal, great spotting area.

Reykjavik Int. Because it is fairly small and looks nice. The lines aren’t massive and the security is fairly quick. Also for an airport of its size there are plenty of shops and places to eat. When I flew in their on Sunday it was practically empty making it easy to get out although it was busy mid week. Their are also very good links into the City. :airplane: :grinning:

For me ,
Hong Kong Chek Lap Kok International Airport (HKG/VHHH)
Great exterior airport, amazing transit area
Singapore Changi International Airport (SIN/WSSS)
Great for transit especially for terminal 3.

Name of my favorite Airport: Dubai International Airport//DXB//OMDB
Reason why I love that airport: Because DXB has one of the fastest wifi airports around the world, It has also good and polite staff and I really appreciate the airport’s facilities, and lastly It is has the best gates and walkways to the gates :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I am quite often in EGCC as a pilot, I would consider it one of the worst airports due to bullshit regulations, bureacracy at it’s finest (though not familiar with it as a pax).

I, myself, am very fond of VTBD (BKK), VTCC (CNX), VHHH (HKG) or EHAM (AMS).

Not to mention they have stuff like Porsches in their terminals.

1 Like

Can’t beat manchester!

Too right, Manchester is the best.

I personally like EGPH/EDI - Edinburgh airport. It is relatively small one, but the security is incredibly fast, and the staff are friendly. There are also quite a few destinations, making it easy to travel.

I also like EGNT/NCL - Newcastle (there are nice cafes!), and EGLL/LHR T5 - Heathrow Terminal 5 (it’s very shiny!).

Ha! You have to be kidding?

Edinburgh has the most absurd security system imaginable (stand on that spot and don’t move!), I find the staff to be very unhelpful and I know a few people who have worked there to say that the staff morale is (was?) actually quite low. The security staff broke my mobile phone once. The airport needs to be expanded, but so little work has been done. International arrivals is simply not fit for purpose, and you are almost guaranteed to be bussed half way to your destination.

Sounds like we have different experiences.
Admittedly, the airport could be better, but having not flown out of many airports, EDI is that best.
In terms of the security, each time I have been through it there has been no queue (<3mins every time), the staff have been helpful, and the overall process is mainly self-service and very efficient.
In terms of bussing, I have never actually have to have been bussed at all at EDI. :confused:
Oh well, airports can vary so much from time to time :slight_smile:

Hartford (Bradley international) it is busy but not at the same time. And everyone is helpful and nice. Cape Town South Africa’s and Port Elizabeth’s​ airports are pretty nice tho…

1 Like

How on earth do you know about Bradley? I always use it because basically the same reasons as you.

We had a vacation house in Woodstock VT once. It was the closest to Woodstock, and we would stopover in Philadelphia to get to DFW.

PS. I saw a Qantas A-380 at DFW today!!!

1 Like

The worst airport if you are flying easyJet:
Copenhagen (CPH). Don’t get me wrong, it is a nice airport. Just, if you are flying with a low cost carrier, like easyJet, you have to check in at one terminal, and depart from a different one. So it’s over a mile long walk for you!

And apparently the security is the best in Europe…
It was worse than average for me…

My favorite airport is Schiphol in the Nederlands.
It’s just amazing.

Clearing immigration at Schiphol as a US citizen was a breeze. No queue, walked up and handed the officer my passport. Before I could even say “Hello” he’d stamped it and handed it back with a "Enjoy your stay ". Charles de Gaulle is pretty much the same experience but always has long queues,

First time at Schiphol it took me 30 minutes to find the rental car center and at CDG I discovered that there’s at least three different counters for the same rental car company. So there’s that lol

While I don’t like Chicago as a city, O’hare is my favorite airport because it’s what I always fly out of or through and I know where everything I need is at. IMO their United Clubs are also the best in the network.

The United Club at Boston is probably my favorite spot as you not only get a good view of the ramp but also the runways, I like plane watching.

Southwest Florida International / Medium Airport no Lightrail System - 1hour Drive to it.
Tampa International Airport / Huge Airport with In-House/Lightrail System - 1hour 15mins it depends on Metro Area Traffic on/off seasonal can Increase.

1 Like

Getting into Greece was a breeze at mikonos airport they didn’t make you line up you just held your passport as you walked out and they nodded. I could have been an illegal immigrant and they wouldn’t have known!

For me LHBP / BUD (Budapest / Hungary / Europe).

Spotter-Friendly, big area, not crowded. Clean, You can drink from the sink in the bathroom (the airport has a water clearing machine).
The worst part of the airport(low cost “”"“terminal”""") is nearly demolished. A new pier is about to open. It’s secured, trained staff in every position. I work at a logistic centre at the closed Terminal 1, and we are a team of 8-9 thousand.