What game engine is ACEO developed with?

Is Airport CEO being made with Unity Game Engine???.. I usually see #madewithunity tag on their tweets. Is Unity Game Engine available for Windows Game Development. Just asking because I am starting to learn coding… optimism.

1 Like

It is indeed Unity. :slight_smile:

What techniques are used for developing Airport CEO?
Airport CEO is being developed with Unity, an amazing game engine that anyone can learn to master. We are coding in C# where we rely heavily on an MVC architecture and the utilization of a vast array of different software design patterns. We are also using Adobe Photoshop CS6 and Illustrator for the development of sprites and textures.

Taken from FAQ.

As far as Windows goes, I might let someone else answer that as I’m not entirely sure what this means! But Unity is compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10 if that’s what you mean? Good luck with coding if you do decide to learn! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ooops… I didn’t read the FAQ properly. Thanks for ur reply.

Sorry to revive this thread… But @Olof @Fredrik … I wanna ask when and how did you start coding… In C#/Unity… I am quite fascinated by programming languages, and i do know the basics of Java and JavaScript (Both are almost same). But i don’t know how to proceed… The internet has many guides but i don’t understand any shit it has. Should i go with a physical course?? For Java? Or i should i hop onto C programming. :confused:.

I know this is off topic for the forum… but i think Devs may like to share their expertise.

Search for unity 3d and is should direct you to their site. Good videos on how to use the program and some basic program creation walk throughs. I delved in unity a little bit, but I have had some prior code experience so I can’t fully attest to how someone who might be new to coding would find it.

Free program as well, assuming certain buisness/developing laws. Read the info on it first.

Actually i am not very interested in Unity (Game development). I just want to learn programming through which i can develop apps (Android/iOS) on my own, without any custom Engine.

It’s just for normal coding. Learning Unity is quite easy as it has loads of Tutorials on YouTube… but that’s not my goal.

The fact you think java and javascript are almost the same shows you have yet a long way to go grasshopper. Ham is not almost the same as hamster.

Google has a decent android app dev tutorial.

2 Likes

I currently have a course ‘Mobile Development’ at university… So I know some things on this subject.

To start, it’s best to take a look at Ionic & Phonegap. These are both hybrid frameworks. This means that the apps can be deployed on both iOS & Android with the same source code. This allow you to create (more) easily prototypes and real working apps. You will need to have knowledge of HTML, CSS and AngularJS (framework based on Javascript).

If you really want to go for native apps, you should learn Swift (for iOS) and Java (for Android). You can also learn Objective-C for iOS, but it’s better and easier to learn Swift.

If you would like to have more information on this, feel free to send me a private message… :wink:

1 Like

Lol… really Thanx :grinning: all of you.

Great to hear that you are interested in learning code! I started many many years ago with HTML/CSS/PHP building basic websites. Then I continued with Java. I can strongly recommend codecademy.com as they have great interactive tutorials on many languages. In school I learned more Java, SQL, C# and some JavaScript. The thing about programming languages is that they often share the same logic meaning once you understand the principle, it is easy to swich.

My advice is to find a project or idea that you are passionate about and learn as you go. It is much more fun than just doing tutorials all day, however, the tutorials are very good in the beginning to get you started. Good luck! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I know codecademy.com. I used that site to learn JavaScript. It’s very handy, because of the well explained chapters. Now im learn c# myself.
(That stupid Dutch autocorrect :rage::rage:)

Yes NastyGamer, they use unity.
NastyGamer??? Very “nice” user name))
Hey, I want to ask, what is better Objective C or Swift?

Hey there @alexeyporubay. welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

We would like to keep these forums dedicated to Airport CEO, so programming questions are not really the sort of questions we encourage :slight_smile:

Uhhh… Thanks for the reply!!.. but I think I got the answer 5 months ago :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I started with new free course Java. I can recommend codegym, as they have great interactive tutorial. The advantage here is that you’ll have a Interactive walkthrough and buddies that will be able to help you

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.