What is a good airport to build in ACEO

What is a good airport to build in ACEO because I have ran out of ideas i have done southhamton , barra airport and istanbul new airport

1 Like

Ever tried freeform? Don’t tell me you don’t have creativity, there’s no such thing, the layout will come eventually.

Also #player-content:airport-designs

2 Likes

yes i have like a thousand times but i like replicating real airports

1 Like

Detroit, DTW is also an interesting and very possible build

1 Like

Stansted Airport is a fairly easy one to replicate (minus then airport transit system)

Vancouver airport could be interesting to try and replicate with the way the terminal weaves a bit

1 Like

I’ve tried - you would need more land. I just did the McNamara Terminal, scaled down. I’m a natural-born Floridian; so I always forget the need for deicing pads :rofl:. I now find it better (at this point in ACEO development) to build in hot climates to avoid that “land hog.”

I too like recreating realistic airports, with what we can without 45-degree angles. I end up doing small/medium airports. Ones I have found that fit completely in the map size are ones like ALB, TUS, MLB, LCY, KOA, ITO. I recently did the old Hong Kong, all with large stands, and it barely fit HAHA. I’ve been planning on doing IND and the new MSY - both basically the same airport design. I’ve found an online search would always help with inspiration - “best medium airport design/layout.” I throw in “medium” so that I can make sure it would fit on the usual map size. Another fun recreate I like to do is “future” or “new” terminals/airports. Since they’re not done, I don’t feel “guilty” scaling it down to fit in the usual map size.

1 Like