Whats the most efficient queue lines?

I’m having serious problems with people ‘overflowing’ queues (see photo attached)

I’ve tried snaking a queue down and up. Has anyone got a more efficient queue design to help alleviate the problems I’m having?

You can put 2 employees on each check-in desk to reduce the time people queue,meaning less people per queue at that same time. Otherwise I think it doesn’t matter what shape it has,only the amount of squares (m2) counts.

2 Likes

Ah I see. Thanks!

plus that looks realistic to me - airlines rarely have enough checkin desks open.

1 Like

Yep, there could be a row of twenty desks but only two for your flight.

I think possibly a reason there is a lot of congestion is that currently all passengers arrive at the same time. Distributing arrival times as a bell curve (some arrive very early, some very late, most roughly on time) would both alleviate some issues with long queues and also introduce some dynamic challenges.

4 Likes

Also sometimes the desk agents arrive late. By the time they get there, the PAX have already calculated the path to the one desk with staff - and it doesn’t recalculate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.