Where are the cars with flashing lights?

In the screenshots on the videos/images page there are cars with flashing lights for airside use. I have watched the videos and haven’t seen them in use. Are they going to be part of the alpha release? :slightly_smiling_face:

If they are in the screenshots, I expect so, the devs didn’t use everything in the gameplay videoes so they’re hopefully in the game.

I believe you mean the fuel truck when it’s refueling airplanes.

In this video at the timestamp you can see the lights turn on when the fuel truck starts refueling the plane. Is this what you ment?

At every airport (UK anyway) it’s a regulation to have the OBS light (orange light) flashing whilst driving and Manoeuvering around the airfield.

We had some security cars roam around on some early videos. That was more of a test and proof of concept. At the moment they are not in the game due to us prioritizing other vehicles, but we plan to re-implement them soon after the release.

6 Likes

Perhaps in the future, will there be room for:
bird control/rabbit control
Runway checkers
boundary fence patrols
Car park security patrols
?

I understand that you have bigger fish to fry right now though

Yeah even in Canada there’s a regulation to have all airside vehicles to have flashing orange lights

That’s an ICAO regulation, trying to remember the exact one but it’s been a while since i did my air law.

ICAO Annex 14, pgs. 6-1 thru 6-9 for
vehicle marking & lighting

1 Like

It’s almost as exciting a read as it sounds.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.