Wifi Connectivity

Hey guys, I was watching this YouTube video (link is below) about a flight attendant doing her last minute checks at the airport before her flight it gave me an idea about having WiFi connectivity at the airport. And since we nowadays we always want WiFi!

1. Providing wifi coverage speeds up work at the airport for both airport staff and flight crew so we have less chances of delays. Maybe have a control where the more you pay, the faster is the wifi and the faster the staff works.

2. As the airport is small and growing, we can charge the customers. Some airports they provide the first half an hour free and the rest you have to pay. It can help with revenue.

3. Once the airport has grown, busy and revenue is high we can consider giving free unlimited access which can increase satisfaction of customers by let’s say +0.5 out of 10.

4. I am not an IT expert so correct me if I made any mistakes on the Internet server stuff. Something close to Prison Architect’s utilities, maybe we can have the main server room and we connect to smaller server rooms which are spread out all over the airport for better coverage.

Video may not have all the relevance but it the idea came from 1:23-1:29

3 Likes

Good idea. It could add another contract that you need to manage and another expense. So yea, include a router object that you can place in the terminal to add coverage to a certain area and then maybe require tech guys to maintain it. Tech guys could also maintain screens in check in desks, etc

1 Like

Oh sounds even better. Tech guy…adds to the sophistication of the game and a better variety of staff. Good one!

Interesting idea! Could be quite fun as well to set up different policies on what type of internet connection you provide. If its paid, 15 minutes free or open. Could have an impact on passenger satisfaction as well. We’ll definitely take a look on this.

FYI the last time I do remember they gave a half an hour free access then later paid in Dubai. Singapore Airport as long as you have your passport and boarding pass to show at information kiosks they will give you the username and password is completely free and super fast.

Awesome! Happy that you like the idea. Cheers and can’t wait for the next Devlog

Great idea! When I was at Newark it was 45 minutes free and then you had to pay.

I like the idea of wi-fi. There could be a one-off cost for installation and an ongoing maintenance cost. Business travellers in particular would want to get online.

The x minutes free could be a nice option, with the ability to change the number of minutes - it seems to be fairly standard around the world and could be a nice little earner.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.