Will this work?

This is how I’ve done mine, does anyone know what he used those tilt trays for? surely the only place baggage needs to go if it passes security is baggage bay?

Tilt Trays are for directing where a baggage should go.

As you can see I have several check in desks feeding individual tier 1 scanners that feed a common secondary set of scanner on a common belt…

EDIT: It could also be a lot more efficient and cheaper to run, but this is a sandbox game for testing plane liveries in reality.
These then go down a level and through the checkers…

The tilt trays ensure they go back up to the correct input belt. It’s also setup to provide more cargo bays as required when I’m back to building the airport.

Hope that is clear? I know I’m missing manual security at this point. So rather than all merging at the end they will go to about four different bays for increased throughput and capacity.

It may work, yes, but you are exposed on the following premises:

1. If you scan a bag in a tier III scanner that’s cleared in a tier I scanner, your security rating will drop.
  2. The more thorough your scans are, the more accurate the readouts is. So if you immediately scan a tier I bag in a tier III scanner it’s missed the tier II steps meaning that there’s a higher chance for a false positive. This is of course only relevant for bags that are actually containing dangerous content, if you route a clean bag through a tier III scanner with an idiot operator they might on their own case a result of a false positive read out and destroy the bag, lol.

Both these systems are in place to void you of trying to game the system like you mentioned! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

C

Could this be prevented by having two tier III scanners?

It could but it could also make it worse. Of course, you can have tier III scanners in parallel but if you have idiots manning them they can either let dangerous baggage through or flag safe bags. It’s a very versatile and generic system that doesn’t immediately punishes you, i.e. it will work if you construct it “incorrect”, but you’ll never get the proper rating and may get slapped with heavy fines…

Again, note that this is in Alpha 34 and not in Alpha 33.

Well, I don’t really mind about the fines and the security rating. I like to use sandbox when I play these types of games.

1 Like

So, if I wanted to be able to use this airport in 34, how would you recommend we use a security setup?

So as you build your airport in A34, do you need to set up your Baggage security scanning with all tiers initially or can you start with Tier 1 with a new airport and as you make money add each tier? Or will your rating be so bad that you should start with all tiers initially?

Your tier specific ratings will neither improve or decline unless you have those tiers installed, which means that if you want to have a full security score you will need to research those tiers. However, you will (or should not at least, we will need to do a lot of balancing once we go live on experimental) not be punished too harsh if those tiers are not researched.

2 Likes

awesome. so just to be clear.

Any baggage that is passed as good by any tier should not go through any other tier and continue to the Baggage bays?

Any baggage that has failed should go to the next tier scanner and then either pass and go to baggage bay or fail and go to next their

Only baggage that has failed all 3 tiers should go to the destroyer.

as in this system

https://forum.apoglabs.com/uploads/db1788/original/3X/d/d/dd221554760ec9f65fe68ef66335c3ae547913ee.jpeg

Also what about scanning arriving baggage in A34? is this included in the rating if you do or do not scan arriving baggage?

This is the setup i’m currently using. still experiencing some dangerous goods that manage to slip through…

This is the new layout that is shown in the fresh A34 Tutorial. It seems different than our systems, and also less logical, or is it just me?

That looks quite incorrect to me. I always thought manual scan was the last option?

1 Like

Yeah… I think the chance of incorrectly scanning a bag should be reduced. Even fully productive security officers keep destroying innocent bags and letting suspicious ones through.

to not further highjack this thread I’ve uploaded the pictures to the A34 Thread to continue this discussion there.

1 Like

Perhaps I’ve missed something, but how can I influence my tier I / tier II scanning performance/liability? They are not operated by staff, but I only get 93% rating on them…

I do not like they baggage destroying in general and the way it is integrated in rating system.

IRL baggage wouldn’t be destroyed, unless it’s very likely a bomb inside. Anything else suspicious at the latest would be opened and checked manually. No false positive posiible. So “tier 4” should be manual checking (time consuming and 2 or 3 staff needed), and without any false positives after that comes the destroyer.

As long as it was just “eyecandy” it was fine for me, but now this rating/handling affects my rating and by that it affects my complete airport.

And, btw, IRL any security critical aspects IRL are not relying on ONE employee’s quality, as there would be a second set of eyes…

1 Like

No, but it’s a delimitation we’ve made since this game ultimately is a tycoon game and not a simulator. Dangerous baggage gets destroyed and you are rewarded for correctly destroyed baggage and punished for incorrectly destroyed baggage.

Yes, that image is incorrect and will be fixed in the next update.

I need to go over the bug reports from the weekend before I can say for sure, please not that the rating system is just like everything else in Alpha 34 very experimental and prone bo both extensive bug fixing and balancing.

You’re only as strong as your weakest link… :wink:

1 Like

There my be more than one baggage bay and only one security island.

On #1, why should the security rating drop? What is the rationale behind this? From my perspective, the T3 scanner that’s manned with a high skilled operator acts as a “QA” for the machine scanner. If T1 scanners are always correct in identifying suspicious baggages, then that T3 scanner should only flag luggages less than 5% of the time. IMHO, it is better to change the metric of T3 rating from “Baggage correctly scanned by T3 scanners” to “Dangerous baggage allowed by T3”.

On #2, in a progressive scanners (T1->T2->T3), is it intentional that the readout accuracy decreases in a T2 scanner? I noticed several luggage which has been identified as “Snuff” or “Spirit” in the first 3 T2 scanner, before passing a 4th T2 scanner where it’s suddenly becomes “Snuff(?)” or “Spirit(?)”?

I also think too much scanning shouldn’t negatively affect the rating, in the end it’s not less safe.
It should only be a matter of time (tier II scanners slowing down the bags a bit, tier III keeping them for a short time) so if you scan everything in tier III you just won’t get all baggage to the flights on time.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.