With the new weather?

So soon de-icing will be tested on experimental. And with that they also updated the weather to be more realistic at least in terms of degrees. Question. Will this weather update contain all expects? Also wind and when it snows and so on?

Further i do then wonder about the wind, if you will also implement traffic flow depending on wind? Since if the wind is 180@10kt, you want to take of as close as possible to that direction. In my airport that would be RWY 18.

1 Like

The weather fixes for these updates center mainly around temperature generation and precipitation amounts. There’s still more that can be done, simulating realistic weather cycles is no easy task…

There’s one important thing missing for the current weather system implementation: We want to take the place of the map your place your airport on into account when generating, so that you’ll never have to de-ice in Africa. I hope to get that done by the end of the week.

3 Likes

Plowing runways would be interesting with snow.

3 Likes

As part of the gameplay polish, I’d like to see weather have an effect on operations.

For example,

• cold weather - if icing conditions exist and you have no de-ice pads, then aircraft are grounded, as it would be in real life. Also like to see smaller aircraft use larger de-ice stands, if there is not a small version present at the airport.

• fog - if visibility drops too low, then the runway CAT will determine whether planes can land or take off. Runway upgrades could include localizer, ILS, and CAT1, CATII and CAT111 options, withe runway closing when weather exceeds the limits of the runway technology.

• snow - love to see it pile up on runway and taxiways, with snow clearing as a new service that would be needed - this would include plows to clear snow, a depot for them, and a place to dump snow from the apron.

3 Likes

This would be very interesting!! :smiley:

You don’t de-ice your aircraft when in Africa? :wink:

What about when you get Greek snow storms (as in Tallahassee got snow)

Freak not greek. Ug sometimes the autocorrect is realy stupid

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.