WMP - Wiki Modernisation Program - Thx!

I am working on Fueling things! As well as a few other things. :+1:

1 Like

I think the Fuel Depot, Fuel Tank, and Fuel whatever pages should be merged, as there currently isn’t enough content for any of them

I am still working on them! But whaterver :slightly_smiling_face:

Fuel tankers/trucks are done! :+1:

1 Like

Working on Check In Desks.

2 Likes

The Todo List;

This is going to be an ever changing list composed of Wiki pages that are in the most dire need of updating.

Primary Priority for action:

• Creation of Central “Refueling” page and unification of the smaller fuel related pages into it.
  • Updating of images, most are of the old interface that has been phased out years ago.
  • Unification of pages of aircraft of the same series (CRJ-200, CRJ-700), and update of other aircraft pages.
  • Update of the Security page
  • Creation of pages for zones and rooms.

Secondary Action:

• Addition of screenshot, we need moar screenshots, things are boring without them, you don’t have to include the screenshot in a page, you can simply upload it so it can be used by other people.
  • Updating of infoboxes, the aircraft infobox template is lacking and outdated, if you’re familiar with MediaWiki, please do update the thing.
  • Creation of modding related pages.

In your free time:

• If you see pages that lack infoboxes, or navboxes, or categories, please categorise them accordingly.
2 Likes

I have worked on them in the past to realise aplha development was going too fast to keep the content up to date. So i decided to hold back untill apha is over. Thx for reminding me.

Sorry for the mess :smiley: ~ Tried to rearrange the topic :smiley: ~ But the forum bot is very persisting. ~ The mess will disappear soonish.

Ah, someone suggested posting the ToDo list in my top post, that is done now :smiley:

Lets work on the Wiki!

2 Likes

I started with this as well, but before I saw your edit (because I’m from the discord server). I’m moving everything to the Fuel page. Do you want to move your parts or should I do it?

2 Likes

go ahead and move what ever you like, just don’t delete it: I spent time on it

1 Like

I added all the pictures here but I don’t know how to format them. Can someone please do it?

1 Like

Go to source editing, then go to Basic images - Gamepedia Help Wiki, then read, then try it out.

Also, I made some edits to your tanker page, I also cropped your images, I’d recommend you to crop them square and then update the file.

2 Likes

The official Discord server now has a #wiki-chat channel! To join, type ?rank wiki editor and Dyno will apply you the role which gives you access to the channel.

1 Like

The index page has no “emergencies” listed on “Game Index” table.

Oh, the search does not find a page, is it not made yet?

I looked a bit around, seems not, if someone knows how to decently start a new page :smiley:

Will you list all types emergencies? May add the requirements as well. (Police, Ambulance, Stand size etc)
If you need help, I have already something like that.

1 Like

Thx for this, I just added a small concrete stand under “[[File:SmallConcreteStand.png]”

But I cant figure out how to put that image in the template.

If I edit it in the HTML and paste it, it deforms the infobox.

Lol, I got the image in the page, but now the infobox is deformed (still in edit).

“[[File:SmallConcreteStand.png|thumb|Small Concrete Stand]]”

Ok, I managed to get in into the infobox without breaking it. :smiley: ~ now get it on the right place.

I dont know for sure, if it is in the infobox, or inlined by the wiki.

Ah, its a right auto-outlined, inline image.

At least its there now to see, pls someone fix it, and then explain how you did it :wink:

Note; someone should break out the Remote Stand bit and make it a link, remote stands should have its own article. ~ added to talk page.

Good for everyone to know; you can sign your name with the a name/timestamp like in wikipedia (~~~~).

Adjusted the page with lists for the different sub headings and added more information… and some more.

Edit; scrap that, I rewrote almost everything by now :wink:

Can someone figure out / tell how to adjust template titles. The all have no Capital, what I find weird.

Is there a style-guide for usage of numbers on wiki’s? are numbers up to 13 written out like in Newspapers?

Can an english native speaker please read the article for language.

Did I forget any interaction options? Its a lot!

I would love to help on this project if possible! I’ll try when I have time off!

1 Like

Morning! What is the name of refuelling page? Can someone link it.

Thats the spirit! :smiley:

1 Like

Security page

Uploaded and added image.

Summary

Starting to set up a new structure for the page.

Current scope I created.

Good to know, you can upload an image, when adding it in the page! :smiley:

Oh, all olofs ways to provide information to players when an object is not rightly connected, makes it hard to make print-screen builds, haha.

~ Got an invite for a multiplayer in Anno, will proceed later ~

Infoboxes are a nightmare, if you can figure them out, please do, as they behave on their own and I can’t find a way to edit them from the template, even if I knew how.

1 Like