WOW air ceased operations

WOW air ceased operations

https://wowair.com/travel-alert/

1 Like

Yeah , because they ceased there operations we will do that airline as mod for aceo :slight_smile:

1 Like

many airlines closing

Its just sad. This weekend will be the last time i will fly with Joon that also will be closed after this weekend :sob:

I remember Monarch well, my dad worked for them right up until the end. I flew with them a few times due to free flights for employees and their families. I mostly remember flying with them from Gatwick to Orlando Sanford just before they stopped long haul flights and and then more recently from Gatwick to Barcelona just a month before they went bankrupt. Customer service was always superb and their was nothing that the flight attendants wouldn’t help with, so sad to have seen them go. :weary:

2 Likes

Sad thing is, a lot of people loose their jobs, around 1000 with WOW Air… Also passengers and personnel oversees were just a bonded as WOW air just stopped, so passengers and personnel had to find their way home again themselves…

2 Likes

Luckily icelandair offered heavily reduced flights for those who were stranded overseas in an attempt to get them home

2 Likes

I heard the founder of WOW Airlines wants to start a new airline.

This is sad news but I have found some info…

Yah but here’s the thing…
PLAY is takin over WOW. Same company same operators, under a different airline and different route focus.

As eye catching as WOW air’s livery too!
Who’s Excited (or not) for the return of WOW (in a way)?

I’m a little confused tho, is this the US company that bought WOW Air’s name, or the old company resurrected???

This is the same company. They will have offices in Iceland (I think) and it will focus on routes to and from eastern US. But I don’t think there hub will be in Iceland. Not much information at this point though…

1 Like

What I read, the hub would be Iceland. First they plan routes from Iceland to Europe, next year also to America. That’s the big plus of Iceland, that you can connect Europe and America with small medium distance planes.
Somewhere I read that the main investor would be “the Ryan family” - didn’t read any further but hope it won’t end up as Ryanair quality.

2 Likes

My dad was in a closed airline and by in he was in a crash

He was the sole survivor of the one in 2012

I am so glad your father had survived the accident. It must have been really tragic to hear about it.
I am glad you are still associating with aviation!:slight_smile::smile: