Airport CEO 1.0-0 released

Now I was able to report, ACEO-43521 :grinning: :innocent:

1 Like

My first visit from a Fast Bird. Arrived and made it to the stand OK, but then the baggage handling went a bit awry. The ULD loader at the stand wouldn’t go to the aircraft, even after a save/reload. Then I noticed the spare normal belt loader had made its way from the medium stand area at the other side of the terminal. Just a quick heads up I haven’t seen noted elsewhere.

The 50 super-rich passengers that are making their way over to the US (EWR Newark Liberty airport)

1 Like

Runway Approach lighting back to layered under tarmac tiles again.

1 Like

@Fredrik, the bug is back! :open_mouth: :open_hands:

1 Like

Airport CEO 1.0-19 has now been deployed on the default branch and all bug reporting should again now work. Patch notes here: Airport CEO - Airport CEO 1.0-19 released - Steam News

3 Likes

Oooh. Finished up this evening and…

7 Likes

Gave the new version a try after seeing the notes about lag spikes being addressed. I’m still seeing them in my game… not sure if it’s the game code or just the sheer amount of pax/planes/vehicles doing it. Short video clip of what I see while playing. The small pauses seen around 0:45 will keep happening throughout gameplay.

Franchise Shops… help?

After some time away with the game I need some advice :slight_smile: , how shops work in terms of their placements and working with the demand (also, if food franchises have changed too, but I see less noticable changes with those)

Firstly, I have already posted a few times about a “glitch”. In old versions, passengers turn up from transit to check-in, they’ll wait outside until either they have a spare seat in check-in hall, or check-in opens. Now though, if you open a shop at check-in area, all passengers will stampede the shop if there is no seat whilst waiting for check-in to open. Hopefully this might be looked into when there is a chance to, it could be open to abuse to cheat the system for achievements too. Shop demand in check-in halls used to be primarily arrivals and a handful of departure customers, this worked well, fairly balanced and was also realistic. Try deleting your pre-security seats, watch what happens if you have a shop open. Black Friday Sales for airports :wink:

My query though is about advice on shop franchises mostly in secure zones (either DEP or ARR or Combined)

Do airline vs franchise star ratings have an impact?
Is there a reason for some stores experiencing “browsers” that don’t make a purchase?
Has distance/location influence been changed? I used to simply place a shop after security, then if it’s a long walk to some gates, put more near those distant gates.

To be clear though, I love Airport CEO as a real work aviation guy working in a central ground operations team. This game is a great balance between real world logic but creative/friendly gameplay! :smiley:

I’ll be first to admit I’m confused after not playing the game in a while :wink:

1 Like

Hi… I was watching a video on youtube about the game and the youtuber had a bug after the last update.

The pathfind broke and the cpu usage was to 100% (he has a processor Intel I9).

The video with the happend (in portuguese):

In most cases it’s an issue with a missing path/zoneing which cause that persons get stuck somewhere.
Check the path analisys tools, the zone overlays and look at the entire airport for passengers not reaching the destinations or leaving a certain spot.

1 Like

He shows on video the zoneing and another things. I think you can understand what happened by watching the video even if you don’t understand what is said

Just a thought… would it be possible to allow trees to be dragged and dropped en mass like flower beds and water?

1 Like

you could plop a good amount of them and then just copy and paste that whole group if the other doesn’t happen.

4 Likes

An impact on what exactly? What do you mean by the comparison between airlines and franchises? The higher the rating a franchise has, shop wise, the more expensive their products are but the less purchases will be made.

Yes, the higher the prices of the store, i.e. the tier level of the store, the lower the likelihood of a purchase is. Passengers will go to stores for entertainment, for example browsing a jewelry store, but most people do not have the means to buy expensive airport diamonds on the fly… :stuck_out_tongue:

This was a pretty recent balancing as placing jewelry stores would become instant cash cows.

Yes, also a recent balancing, they prefer stores closer to them (but random within a certain distance) based on the spot they’re currently trying to start the activity from. The core principle of this selection has always been the same but it’s been improved as of a pre 1.0 release.

A good hack indeed! :smiley:

5 Likes

Hack? Feature!

4 Likes

I keep getting ‘dangerous baggage’ loaded onto flights, and the fines and bad rating that comes with it and I don’t know what Ive done wrong.

All my security staff are very highly trained, their shifts on the conveyor scanner is set at the minimum (1 hour). My level 1 scanner send bad bags through all level 2 scanners. Their bad bags got to level 3 security check. Bad bags from that are destroyed.
Have I missed a trick?

I have this occasionally - when I check the Security bod assigned to the Tier 3 scanner is very tired and sometimes also desperately wanting the bathroom. This smacks of someone who has not had time to go to the staff room after their previous shift, and possibly also been late to their station, meaning that the scanner has been unattended for a while, letting the bad bags through to the baggage bay. I recruit a few more Security Officers and the bad baggage messages go away for a while.

1 Like

Great, I’ll give that a try. Thanks :+1:

Quick question:
When is the next dev blog?

Doesn’t feel like they are working too hard on this game recently…

1 Like