Airport CEO 1.0-0 released

stand Drop down for airlines not supporting special characters like it does in the selected portion or in the contracts…

Speaking of that. I see the same thing on boarding passes that contains ń for example.

Is it just me or are Catering Trucks only using one Catering Depot but Cabin Cleaning Trucks will go more than one Waste Depot?

Edit: actually they started going to the other Catering Depot but they are not usually going to the nearest Depot which is wasting a lot of time going all the way to the other side of the airport to get the food and then travel back to the other side of the airport to the aircraft. I have plenty of trucks for both sides.

Catering depot selection is done in three steps, they look at distance, available meals and current vehicle queue - so no, they won’t always go to the nearest, they’ll go to a combination of what’s currently best in regards to those three values. Again something that is really really difficult to tune perfectly to every single different airport but the current solution is what we’ve found to work the best for the most.

2 Likes

I have a huge problem… after pasting saved template game freezes for about 1-2 minutes (size of the template is 16x41). I checked with smaller templates it worked fine. Right now it’s impossible to play, because even after demolishing bigger area game freezes.
There is only music playing, but I can’t do anything in game.
I reported it, it’s ACEO-42472
I’m on experimental, 1.0-5

The Flight Scheduler is driving me nuts… the green icon appears in the lower left indicating new/changed flights being offered… you go assign all the flights in the flight scheduler and then the green icon remains until you close and reopen the flight scheduler.
Is this expected behavior or should I bug report this?

Did the same last week for the refresh button, it didn’t cleared the green icon too. That has been fixed.
I guess it’s worth to send a bug report.

Something that bugged me since the Alpha days when big birds were introduced was that it’s impossible(or nearly) to get an airport to 5* without supporting GA. Instead of rebasing the average, they just count GA satisfaction as 0%. Realistically a major international airport isnt going to support GA with 2-3 runways, and even if so it’s hard enough as is to cater to the big birds, much less the tiny GA that barely bring in revenue.

1 Like

I dismantled my original GA area from 16 stands to just 4 which are tucked away at the end of the terminal where the small commercial flights still fly out of at my airport.
It’s enough to keep the ratings and even if it loses money the rest of the airport offsets with its profits.

I get what you mean but the main problem for me is space. My airport design gave 0 extra space for even the smallest of GA setups(believe me I tried in another design and it worked) so it’s a lot more where GA flights can go than what they can earn me. All the free space is used by utilities like catering, garbage and airport security

Did you turn off “allow GA flights” in your main operations panel? Your airport rating should be fine after that?

1 Like

Rolling out 1.0-6 with an additional stream of minor fixes, again on the experimental branch! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version  1.0-6

Bug

• [ACEO-42132] - Vehicles depsawning as not operated can lock various vehicle status functions
  • [ACEO-42329] - Placing terminal on top of unbuilt fence can cause terminal foundation rendering issues
  • [ACEO-42403] - Patrol step in tutorial has flipped control instructions
  • [ACEO-42413] - Spawned dummy ramp agents counted in terminal assignment panel
  • [ACEO-42437] - Incorrect number of assumed services can cause turnaround services offered rating to not reach 100%
  • [ACEO-42440] - Typo in runway fetch setting in operations tab
  • [ACEO-42445] - Planned ATC and radar towers count toward airport's flight capacity
  • [ACEO-42457] - 1900D aircraft has reversed fuel truck access paths which can cause fuel trucks to not reach job task start location
  • [ACEO-42460] - Service vehicle road connection is not checked if a hangar is deactivated
  • [ACEO-42463] - Baggage bay can in extremelt rare instances be set as not reachable by connected stands
  • [ACEO-42465] - Passengers can in extremely rare instance ignore walking with path when deboarding airside shuttle bus
  • [ACEO-42470] - Airport of the Year status and achievement not always properly invoked
  • [ACEO-42473] - Dummy spawned ramp agents accounted for in salary charge
5 Likes

Update: the same problem with copy-paste function :frowning:
Edit: elevator is responsible for this. So pasting elevator is not possible.
Edit 2: I can’t place elevator at all…

Is the floor above available, clear and in the same zone?

3x yes

[ACEO-42465] - Passengers can in extremely rare instance ignore walking with path when deboarding airside shuttle bus

Works for me now :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Can someone tell me why there is only one zone for arriving and departing pax on screenshot? All of my gates look the same and I can’t see where is mutual point for security zones. I checked with path analyzer and no staff is able to get to this elevator, unless I put elevator outside zone on floor 2 and place there security checkpoint (as on screenshot). But still it should be another zone.
It was possible to have different security zone for departures and for arrivals. I haven’t played for a while, so maybe something changed?

Gate

Floor 0

Floor 1

Floor 2

1 Like

… and another small release before the weekend! 1.0-7 is together with the other releases target for the default branch either tomorrow or on Monday! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version  1.0-7

Bug

• [ACEO-42224] - Roads can now be instantly built if user has mistakenly destroyed both contractor and delivery site
  • [ACEO-42235] - Catering truck exits on left side of road after servicing the Boeing 787 aircraft
  • [ACEO-42360] - Large aircraft are not always using the correct runway entrance
  • [ACEO-42430] - Missing null reference check for person node availability in job task serialization can in extremely rare instance disallow airport from saving
  • [ACEO-42431] - Large fast runway ramps not always upgraded correctly
  • [ACEO-42443] - When removing elevator entrance on an intersecting middle floor the client can in extremely rare instances crash
  • [ACEO-42475] - Balanced terminal quality rating value collection for smaller airport terminals
  • [ACEO-42480] - Shops not updating their child desks parent room status can cause new franchise establishment not to open despite staff being present at desk

Edit: 1.0-7 is now out on the default branch! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

No it should not be two sep zones.

There is only one zone for both arrival and departure because they are connected via the stand. The stands are also zoned secure so that’s where the connection is. But the pax are just forced to take the arrivals path you have made due to the wall in-between the jet bridge.

do you have an secure exit for the departures passengers if they miss their flight? Also Im not sure if PSA/Janitors etc can transit the jet bridge to get between arrival and departure secure zone so you might need a staff zone for them to transit somewhere. Maybe that is the staff issue?

Okay, thanks!!! But won’t they want to go to restaurant in departure zone?

I have. And also entrance for staff at the top floor (arrivals)