Airport CEO Alpha 29 released

Yeah, noticed that too.

I did that… and now it has been “updating grid” for like an hour… I may have killed it trying to increase the size by 3 times… probably sould have gone with an 800x800 incrase…you know, 49-64 instead of 49-144…I wonder if I check back tomorrow if the grid will have updated…

On a side note… I have 38000 people in my terminal without goals… as much as i"m trying to make a homeless shelter here… I am concerned I won’t be able to gain resolution to this because my approval rating (perhaps a much better source of problem resolution by changing it in the save game file) is so low, I don’t even have a list to choose from for vendors because of airport reconstruction, etc. will crush me at 50k/ hour without any plane income when I try to reset it… thoughts on getting rid of the people in a much easier way? or intuitive way (which seem to be a thing from you guys) to solve this problem I have created for myself.?

I would not go bigger than 1100 x 1100. You need to remember that for every increase pathfinding calculation required is squared and loading assets must be altered - I believe the games preloads assets and then moves them to accommodate size, hence longer loading time. Also the game optimization is still in it’s infancy and mostly CPU reliant, although much less than a few months ago.

On a side note - the map size doesn’t have to be a square. I usually have only one axis lengthen to accommodate runways (I’m a bit of realism pedantic)

Can someone here can test my save game and check if it is working on your end?

Send it in pm, i’m sure i got one of the strongest beasts to try anyway

3 Likes

Alas unless I’m very much mistaken the forums don’t allow the sharing of these files. Even via PM. The best advice find someone will to take it here on the forums and either they are the same name on Discord or they will share a personal form of communications to enable you to share your build. I am plus 23 hours awake right now so might be missing a few details.Yes I need sleep so much. A few more hours then ZZZZZZZZ.

Your machine is a beast no doubt. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bug 9433 - refuel trucks assigned to specific stand cannot resupply themselves. I notice they just loop: exiting the stand, then re-enter it, and repeat. Anyone else getting this? I get it on both GA and passenger flights.

1 Like

@dewitjur @Rubble - Can you both check the save on your PC and tell me if you have any problems? Thanks!
SavedGame

Define ‘any problems’

1 Like

Yeah, I have the same problem.

BlockquoteVehicles are indeed assigned to stands, better said they park on the assigned stand

Yup. They don’t service the aircraft though.

Vehicles for some reason continue to take the longest route possible…

Blockquote Bagage handling doesn’t work

Mine has been off for the last 1-2 patches. I had a period there where the truck without trailers were there… probably because the service was turned off, but the game contninued to add the request to the list.

They just sort of pause and stop going foward… 4 runways no one taxiing with >60 planes making their way there…

GOnna put it down for a bit… this makes the money coming in screech to a halt when planes aren’t taking off, are delayed in leaving, and getting hung up everywhere.

Back in a day or two. Happy weekend folks

You can load and run the game with no problem? no blue screen? no restarts of the computer. I run games like GTA5 and Cities Skylines with no problem.

I could load it in less time it takes me to load my own airport. The game is running, but the bugs from latest update are delaying all flights. Alsobthe bagge goung to cargo destroyer keeps bouncing around cause one piece of belt is going wrong direction.

1 Like

Bug 9461 (kind of ties in bug 9433)

Both passenger flights and general aviation flights are not receiving refueling services. Both are enabled via the Operations tab. Currently, all AvGas trucks are house in one depot, and all JetA1 trucks are housed in another depot. I notice that when they are assigned to stands they can refuel aircraft, but once they need to resupply, they get stuck in a loop trying to leave the stand; so I decided to station them in a depot for that reason. Now it seems refueling services are broken altogether.

On a side note, it would be nice to be able to assign 2 service trucks to a stand to facilitate quicker turnarounds, or if you have extras in a depot, allow them to pick up the slack even when stands have assigned service trucks.

Hey all, back from an offline weekend! :slight_smile:

For this initial iteration we didn’t want to put any restrictions on and instead let you test it all out, also it’s always a bit difficult to figure out where to draw lines on what options you make available. I.e. yeah, it’s not very realistic that you can perhaps assign a fuel truck to a certain stand but then again each player disposes of their own airport and if you really want to assign fuel trucks too I can’t really see a reason as to why we should limit it. But I’m open to suggestions posted here! :slight_smile:

Yeah, that I agree with, there are a few cases which are pointless and I will check those.

Well, that’s one of the more tricky parts about making a game like this. There’s a difficult trade off: Either we dispatch a truck immediately when boarding starts but if that boarding takes several hours to complete that push-back truck will be unavailable for other jobs throughout that time period. However, if we (like we do now) don’t dispatch a pushback-truck then the aircraft can sit for quite a while on the stand waiting for an available push-back truck before being able to leave. In the end though I think we’re better off with the current system, as there now is an option to either build a vehicle depot nearby (this system at least should try to dispatch job tasks close to the vehicle or assign a push-back truck to the stand.

We might also do some changes where you’d look at more variables than just time for when deploying a push-back job, i.e. “when X time is remaining and/or when Y passengers have boarded” but it all comes down to a specific airport’s layout and how it operates. It’s quite complex and again I am always open to new perspectives and ideas.

Correct, vehicles are assigned to stands and not via a one to one relationship between depots and stands (I never even understood that this was a request?). Depots and parking lots act as generic hubs where vehicles are stored when they are idling, stands also act like that but the difference is that vehicles assigned to a stand only grab job tasks dispatched by that stand (like in real life.

What we’re enabling is what you’re commonly seeing at airports, i.e. for example push-back trucks (but more realistically service trucks or belt loaders) that are immediately available for jobs happening on the stand it’s parked on.

The current UI assigning way is lackluster, yes, and only for now deemed “good enough”. We will implement another way of assigning vehicles as its not very well done right now (something for the new hire to look at!).

For specific issues like this I recommend writing to us immediately via support [ a t ] airportceo [ d o t ] com and we can handle your request there.

Will check all bugs related to this today, including baggage related problems (there’s a new generic parking method in place which might have caused issues like this). A new update will be out this afternoon.

2 Likes

We might also do some changes where you’d look at more variables than just time for when deploying a push-back job, i.e. “when X time is remaining and/or when Y passengers have boarded” but it all comes down to a specific airport’s layout and how it operates. It’s quite complex and again I am always open to new perspectives and ideas.

@Olof Maybe it would be possible to add settings in airport operations tab or similar for this so we can choose when vehicles get dispatched depending on our aiport design?

Blockquote Well, that’s one of the more tricky parts about making a game like this. There’s a difficult trade off: Either we dispatch a truck immediately when boarding starts but if that boarding takes several hours to complete that push-back truck will be unavailable for other jobs throughout that time period. However, if we (like we do now) don’t dispatch a pushback-truck then the aircraft can sit for quite a while on the stand waiting for an available push-back truck before being able to leave. In the end though I think we’re better off with the current system, as there now is an option to either build a vehicle depot nearby (this system at least should try to dispatch job tasks close to the vehicle or assign a push-back truck to the stand.

I’d rather have them do this anyway. I have a nearly 1-1 ratio anyway because if there isn’t a truck available somewhere at all times, the choice of truck can be the one on the other side of the ramp.

Also, currently, the truck assigned to the stand is not the one necessarily that picks up the duties. I had a screen shot of one sitting there while another did the refueling.