Airport CEO Alpha 31 released (The Multi-floor Update)

I’ve had this issue since I bought the game in Alpha 29 and reported several times in-game.

Suddenly paths for leaving passengers stall and the number of pax skyrocket. I’ve had 15k+ pax stuck in the terminal.

The preferred places for getting stuck are secure exits, followed by bathrooms, baggage claim areas and bus stops.

I’ve already tried all debug tools and nothing solves it. The single solution is to save and reload the game multiple times. At each reload, about 500 to 1k pax unfreeze. So I often have to save and reload about 10 times to get the game to work again.

This is not a rare bug. It actually happens quite often and I’ve noticed it got a bit worse with Alpha 31 due to the more complex path finding.

I would strongly suggest to add a debug rule for leaving passengers who get stuck. For instance, if the pax has a “leave airport” order and stalls anywhere for more than X time, then the game simply eliminates the pax and related luggage. Would that be possible?

Since this release F10 no longer launches debug menu on macOS. Is this just me or is it a bug? Is there another way to access debug as I have got stuck baggage carts everywhere

ƒ10 works on Mac here for me.

1 Like

If you mean leaving passenger the ones who arrived by plane and then leave the airport by public transport, then we do not have the same bug.

I can totally agree that the game has several performance issues regarding path findings. However, it only happens when there is a lot of passengers in the airport. I also noticed that this issues depends on the computer you are using. My laptop (which has a better CPU, i7 gen 8) can handle much more passengers than my desktop (i7 gen 3) and get path findings errors later.

However, I never had such a bug. I always tend to build big airport but this time all humans get stuck. Moreover, when I perform a save, there is a high chance that all moving things get a roll back, at least for planes (can’t tell for passengers). For instance, when i perform a save and reload the game, i suddenly have more air planes parked in my airport as before (they just stack up). Concerning the construction, all parts that are not built before the save will just disappear. This is particularly annoying since contractors can’t finish the construction, even if the blueprint is present, since the material disappeared while reloading the game.

Maybe it’s not a new bug, but I never had it and only appeared with the new update.

edit : To avoid the bug to occur too frequently, I play with only 20% passenger simulation (usually, i play at 100%).

I have a Dell g7 with 8th gen i7 and a 6gb nvidia. There shouldn’t be peformance issues with calculating pathfinding, but there are a lot. Just reported a bug today with 1500+ queue at Astar and less than 2k pax in the airport. I agree this happens when there are too many pax, but now it has become substantially worse. With the last update it has come to a point where the game is unplayable, unless I leave only 4 stands open.

1 Like

i just submitted a bug report,
on my mac the Lugagge elements are flashing, after update 31 i redesigned the Lugagge system, everything was working well after the redesign, after the last update Lugagge elements starting flashing.
also the check-in desk Lugagge elements.

1 Like

I had an F10 bug earlyer too, it had to do with a layered error that was not visible, so not closable, a reload solved it.

Are they still connected to the baggage bay. I have seen some times where a new release will alter things such as that.

Good morning! Starting off the week early with a new deployment released just no, Alpha 31.3-0 (31.2 was never made public). Has the following changes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 31.3-0

Bug

• [ACEO-13839] - High speed conveyor belt displays incorrect preview sprite
  • [ACEO-13845] - Conveyor belt arrows not visible
  • [ACEO-13898] - Bags not visible on check in belt when dropped on
  • [ACEO-13907] - Conveyor belt scanner displays incorrect output direction
  • [ACEO-13918] - Scanner and destroyer lights visible on incorrect floor
  • [ACEO-13921] - Wall sprites not updated correctly on non-ground floor placements
  • [ACEO-13929] - Objects get placed when clicking on change floor button
  • [ACEO-13933] - Terminal placement selection doesn't show on upper floors
6 Likes

Well, then i’m sorry for you, but I can definitely get more than 4 stands open and more than 2k passengers (around 8-9k its playable, above it, i need to slow down the speed to 2x or 1x, the fastest is getting laggy).
Here a picture of my airport. You can see that only one quarter is open since i’m still preparing the architecture of my big airport. I just finished the luggage system and still need to add toilets, shops etc. Thus, i’m playing at only 20% pax simulaiton (since i’m trying my design, don’t need that much passengers for now even if i already tried at 100% to see how the bus station works and the number of security check i need). With this design, 1/4 of the airport can handle 20 medium planes. There is only 30 minutes delay between each and the stands have all services on. I also use all floors available -2 as a bus/metro station, -1 as a checkin security door, 0 as a services access floor, +1 as a boarding deck. so far, i can still play as usual with 30 fps, no lags, only a few lag spikes when i start too many constructions at the same time.

1 Like

To be clear, I am not trying to say that the issues you have do not exist since I don’t have them. Actually, I am curious to see how my save would run on your PC, to see if it can handle as well as my desktop. (I know that on my laptop, after a while the game was just slowed down since it started to throttle due to bad Intel drivers slowing down the CPU when the temp only rose by a little, it’s a common issue know on the surface book 2).

Hi all!
I found some new bugs …

In the new version they published (31.3-0), it happens that the icon panel on the right of the screen does not work now, and to be able to access the usual functions, I click on the money.

The panel break… ¿or disabled? :

showmethemoney

Second bug or error:

In addition, something very curious happened to me, the antivirus detected the Airport CEO.exe file as a malicious virus and placed it in the virus trunk, leaving the start of the game unusable.

I had to choose the option to restore the file through the same antivirus and that allowed the game to work normally again. But it’s very funny what happened to me and well, he left me like this:

Wtf …:smile::rofl:

Finally, I attach screenshots and I am waiting for news.

A huge hug and that the bugs do not make them lower their arms.

The antivirus detection:

My program (Avast Antivirus) is in spanish, I am from Argentina and my language is spanish.

1 Like

@OctavioA, the Panel problem is definitely a bug. Until it is fixed, use your TAB key to open the Panel.

And, while we’re reporting new bugs: Hundreds of my High Speed Conveyor tiles now display as Slow Speed Conveyor Tiles. Can’t submit a bug report with savegame, because the ingame and website bug report mechanisms allow only 10 MB files; mine are 17 MB. I submitted an Improvement Report (ACEO-13958) to increase size.

1 Like

Interesting. Just to be clear, I don’t have a lag or fps problem. The game runs smooth at 60 fps. My problem is the freezing passengers. Every now and then everything freezes, but the buses and cars keep driving around at 60fps…

Have you tried clicking on one of those?

This is the thing happening to myself on saturday. I bought and activated a medium stand and the flight on it was not departing. A group of passengers stacking there right before the gate did not vanish. So I thought about what went wrong here. Solution was: I did not buy a push-back truck so the medium plane was stuck for a couple of hours and delaying some flights and those passengers were just queueing from the next 5 flights to be handled at that stand. They did not move but formed a 3x3 square. Eventually they boarded their correct flight and vanished. Maybe you have encountered something similar?! Just some persons waiting because it is not their turn to do something? I do not know about the size of your airport. Have you many passengers? Are there more waiting for the bus which can only hold a certain number as it seems?

Nice to see some progress, but the most important issues are even worse, now.

My pax are idling around, for hours, and then arriving massively late at check-in, a.s.o.
My security staff is idling around anywhere in the airport, while checkpoints are unmanned and not operating.

If, what’s rarely enough, a bunch of pax finally makes it to boarding desk, it is opend late.

Ramp agents arriving at stand, hours after plane arrived.

And I’m permanently getting hundreds of incident reports from staff, not being able to find a staffroom or their working place. or from pax, can not find a path - which dozens of other pax are already walking.

There is anything massively going wrong.

1 Like

Hopefully the image uploaded…

I’m liking the update but having some weird issues. I was able to set up a medium stand with a jetbridge/ desk on floor 1. the issue is that the stand is not connected to the terminal. the passengers and staff keep going up the escalator and turning around at the desk and going back down. It was valid enough to schedule a flight and have it land, but the passengers didn’t deplane.

It seems you have to reconnect the Boarding desk.

If that not works its a bug indeed, add another one and then connect that one to fix it temporary.

It’s a bug.

1 Like