Airport CEO Alpha 32 released (The Turnaround Update)

Nope, vanilla.

The update was for experimental

1 Like

Same bug here. My whole baggage system stopped working due to belts interacting through different floors. And tilt trays vanished.

Ah…could not see it from Olaf’s post - thought it just was another update for the main branch - as this thread seems to be opened for.

1 Like

We’ve identified the issue of the strange conveyor belt problem. An update will drop later tonight, after the dev blog, with some other minor fixes. Updates will then drop with bug fixes and additional development for the rest of the week! :slight_smile:

Edit: Wow, this is gonna be a long one… got so much text to write we’ll have to the dev blog til tomorrow!

6 Likes

So, just a very minor release rolling out now on the experimental branch. Looking to have more bug fixing out tomorrow!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 32.11-1

Bug

• [ACEO-16881] - Conveyor belt tiles incorrectly force connection through floors causing strange rotation behavior
  • [ACEO-16905] - Failed shipment counter resets too quickly causing other shipments for other structure to stall as delivery truck get deadlocked with failed shipment
3 Likes

Zoning security over a security area causes the game to not respond(basically crash)

Can’t recreate this one, did you bug report it? Is it a large airport?

It’s a pretty large airport, I have foundation/taxiway/buildings on most of the map

When you have large airports, security zoning becomes quite slow. If you zone and then release it might be a good 30 seconds before the zone is placed. So if you click after you put down the zone the game will stop responding.

3 Likes

I have the same experience. But usually the game comes back to life if I wait enough time.

1 Like

Has anyone noticed that too many garbage trucks spawn to collect waste from the depot?? One truck is enough collect all of them, yet 5 trucks spawn and 4 of them leave empty.
Bug submitted: ACEO-16935 (Not exactly sure :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

yeah, I noticed that too, intact, I actually plan for that now and make the entry service road for the Waste Collection Trucks extra long so they don’t back up traffic.

1 Like

Noted. Will make an issue out of zoning performance, most likely related to some merge process going on in the background. Have made a few changes to the delivery system as of 11-1 and the next version coming up today, might clear out the garbage truck problem but will check that regardless.

1 Like

I noticed while switching between floors sometimes passengers are shown on the wrong floor.

Hello, has anyone experience odd behaviour with the contractors? I’ve reported it (ACEO-16940), but basically the contractors are all congregated at their drop off and will walk to the goods drop off (which is full of construction stuff) and then walk back to the person drop off. Occasionally a. Box gets taken away.
Have tried quit/reload
Have tried dismissing them all (they all go away as notmal) then bringing them back, same thing happens.
Have tried cancelling contract and bringing in a new contractor, same thing happens.
Never experienced this before.

Ps LOVING the latest dev blog! Very exciting!

2 Likes

Ignore me folks… think it’s been a path finding error by my making. Did an upstairs for my terminal with no stairs, so the workers couldnt get up there…

2 Likes

New experimental version rolling out!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 32.11-2

Bug

• [ACEO-16825] - Missing taxi stop build button icon
  • [ACEO-16826] - Person car boarding flow not balanced
  • [ACEO-16886] - De-icing pads do not properly activate or deactivate crossing nodes when deserializing causing strange aircraft routing
  • [ACEO-16911] - Taxi spawning not adequate when not relying on alternative public transport options
  • [ACEO-16926] - Room placement text displayed before pressing mouse button causing placement confusion
4 Likes

Would love to be able to deactivate/activate deicing pads with a toggle switch so that we can use certain one at certain times for certain traffic. Love all the work you are all doing! keep up the great progress! loving the updates!

2 Likes

Updated this morning and have some bugs I have reported…

16993 - unable to place food or shop rooms, also applies to staff rooms

16994 - jet a1 fuel trucks says I don’t have any and is disabled in my operations menu. I have a number of them and they are fully stocked. I am unable to enable them again.

16995 - reports that I don’t have any push back trucks but I have loads

16996 - vehicle job task menu broken, not showing how many jobs are outstanding etc

2 Likes